keeping clean

Archives1

Staff member
Since having issues with incontinence I have been using wet wipes each time I change to keep clean and also use barrier cream once or twice a day. A nurse suggested that keeping my pubic hair trimmed very short would make it all easier to manage. Is this something the rest of you do?

Yes. I do the same. I actually shave all the hair off. I also use lotion like baby magic. I helps to prevent chafing. You can use baby oil to but use just enough to put a barrier up. Baby oil can screw up the absorption of the diaper if you use to much at one time.

I shave it all off. I don’t use creams or anything because I don’t get rashes. Any hair that is there will collect urine particles that will dry out and cause odor. Your best bet at fighting odor is to stay well hydrated with water and avoid coffee and other string smelling liquids.

no, i don’t shave except my face! i use dry wipes and a perineal no rinse cleanser from a bottle. it smells nice. i use a spray deodorant and some special lotion. they also smell nice. i don’t have an odor problem after changing. eventually there is a urine odor but i change pads 2 or 3 times in a 6 to 10 hour period, and or the pullup if necessary - usual max, 2 pullups in a day. i think the pads i use in the pullups have something that destroys odor because i’m pretty sure i have none at least a couple hours. i live with other people who do not complain at all and they know me well enough to complain if there was a problem. i also have on occasion not been able to clean properly or soon enough and on those occasions, odor was a slight problem. to me shaving is not acceptable so it is fortunate that i don’t need to. i seem to do everything differently from everyone else. i don’t know why but it works for me. if you would like to know the brands of cleanser, deodorant, lotion, pads and pullups, i use, just ask.

I don't know if it makes a difference.i keep clean, but I feel that area always has a urine odor to it with my continence issues

Yes I shave every thing,it helps with clean up. I do have a ur in order sometime but it goes with the territory.