It didn’t just leak, it gushed at the wrong time…

Archives1

Staff member
Okay, another rant out of frustration. Not looking for a pity party, just need to vent.

I always wear some type of protection in case I have leakage; some days I use a pad/guard, while I will use a pull-up for days when I think I will need the extra protection. This morning, I am going about my normal business at church (ushering), and suddenly I felt a bladder spasm. My hope was that I could make the 150 feet to the restroom before anything happened, but to my surprise the bladder let go instantaneously. Within seconds, my pull-up was saturated and the urine kept coming with no control whatsoever. It was dripping down my khakis. Talk about really embarrassing. Some folks at my church know that I am in the process of prostate issues, but I officially got “outed” to the people in attendance of that service. Oh well, life goes on I suppose.

Sorry you had to experience this. We're all human and our bodies have their issues. Everyone has something. Hold your head high!

--"the prudent man never passes up a chance to urinate" --
----(Isaac Asimov)--

Sorry to hear about what happened. It's a fear we all live with. Since it happened at Church you will now know who the true believers are for they will have compassion for you... the rest...well...ta hell with em.

@1reginald57 Honestly, most people (adults) really thought nothing about it, other than asking me if I was okay. Some children were taken aback but their parents kept the gawking to a minimum. I still didn’t want to have it happen how it did. You are correct that if it becomes a topic of gossip, then that is those folks’ problem. Prostate issues are part of life and should not be taboo.

@MAM I’m sorry that happened to you. I think that many of us have a vivid memory of that first public embarrassment. I’m glad that you didn’t experience any particularly adverse reactions from from the congregation. Maybe time to switch out the pull up for a nappy at church if you don’t want to be caught unprepared again with a full void?

MAM, sorry to hear that happened to you. I know it’s embarrassing but do what I did when it happened to me, just pretend you spilled a bottle of water on yourself, then call yourself clumsy while laughing, then excuse yourself. After my 1st time I keep a pair of jeans, pull-ups, pads and boxers in my car just for the occasion.

Excuse me, but I am not familiar with the terms used here. Pull ups are like Depends, right? But what is a nappy. I live in fear of something like this happening to me too.

Thank you.

Here's what I learned when my daytime urge incontinence started getting worse.. Dark color pants are your friend.

@DaveW49519 It was dripping onto the floor. Dark pants would have concealed minimal leakage… no concealing this.