It’s back. Stress and lockdown?

Archives1

Staff member
So. As with most of the world I have been on a stay home order for weeks. My stress level has gone up partially because I was supposed to move to another state the day the lockdown started. Well lately my oab has come back to the point where I had to go back to using diapers. I think the stress of my situation plus the isolation is a trigger.

It sorta feels like a head game. I don’t want to have the issue but it just sorta seems like I’m just not “willing” it hard enough to hold it.

This sucks. Sorry for being a total downer.

I am in the same boat as you. Your not alone. My incontinence has been getting worse do to the stress and anxiety. I have been using more diapers daily. I have found a way at night to keep my night diapers from leaking due to flooding them out. It seems to be working. What I do is stick a bunch of doublers inside the diaper to help with the flooding. By the time I get up in the morning, the diaper is soaked and pretty heavy. I looked at getting cloth diapers and diaper covers. For right now, I have to pass on them until later. Stay safe.

My OAB has gone through the roof. I had to urinate 5 times last night vs the normal twice. You are not alone! Just Stay Safe!

I think many of us are definitely in the same boat. Through most of Feb I'd actually started doing well enough that I was actually wearing underwear again with not too many mishaps. And then corona hit and all the stress and anxiety that comes with it and my accidents have greatly increased and just like that... back to pull ups. It is what it is, I guess but hopefully this corona crap ends soon and we can get back to normal.

When we actually let the severity of how dangerous Covid-19 can be if you end up with that is enough to really make bladder and or bowel issues worse. I’ve noticed an increase in my oab symptoms too. Time to reach out to Northshore again. I really hope, the stores get some Toilet Paper sometime soon. Not being able to buy a roll of TP causes anxiety too! I’ve been to Walmart 5 times over the last 3 weeks and nothing. Same with the Two Weis Grocery Stores in our community. So sad. Break out the washcloths like the old days.😞

jrpoorman said:
When we actually let the severity of how dangerous Covid-19 can be if you end up with that is enough to really make bladder and or bowel issues worse. I’ve noticed an increase in my oab symptoms too. Time to reach out to Northshore again. I really hope, the stores get some Toilet Paper sometime soon. Not being able to buy a roll of TP causes anxiety too! I’ve been to Walmart 5 times over the last 3 weeks and nothing. Same with the Two Weis Grocery Stores in our community. So sad. Break out the washcloths like the old days.😞

Don't know if you have a Costco near you, but they seem to have TP back in stock most days if you get there early.