Is there any kind of regulation?

Archives1

Staff member
With all the terms thrown around, i.e., super, max, heavy, and so forth absorption, is there any real regulation? I am fairly new to this but I’m sure most have wasted money on bad or certainly misleading products. The first kind I bought were blue and of low quality despite their claim of max or heavy, whichever it was. Don’t remember the name but we’ve probably all been there.

No there isn't. Unfortunately alot of products claim to be maximum protection (ie depends) and really they are horrible. The best way I have found to tell is to look at the ML absorption. Sometimes they exaggerate but usually not by much. the absolute best absorption I have found is Northshore megamax diapers. they are a little expensive but you can use the max ML absorption to compare with others.

I wish I had the patience and chutzpah to help formulate some sort of bill to give to a congressman. I figure pills are regulated, and so should other pharmaceutical products.

I wish regular medical insurance covered incontinence supplies instead of just Medicare and Medicaid.

I just wish regular insurance would cover diapers. I even had a prescription and documentation from my doctor stating I was fully urinary incontinent but they still denied my claim.

Does anyone know a website where you can find the ml the product can absorb? I've found it VERY difficult to find out that info, even when going to the supplier's website. THAT would simplify things a LOT.

Jkhtexas depending on the website, they should have a details drop section. It shows the absorption in that. I know northshorecare.com has the drop section and it shows the absorption in that section.

Thanks! I've looked at products on Amazon and the Depends website as well as some others (tena?) and have not found that. Will look again.

In today's political climate, the only thong that's going to happen is LESS regulation. Unless they want to regulate us, not them...