Irritated with price increases

Archives1

Staff member
I am sure some of you got the same email from Northshore saying they are raising their free shipping to orders over $149 (used to be over $99). They are citing the cost of gas as the reason. I really like their products (Megamax and Supremes). I looked around and found that LLmedico offers free shipping with no minimum, 10% for Veterans, Frist Responders and Teachers. On top of that they give you 5% back on your next purchase. They have some good brands but still really wish Northshore had not raised their prices as I have become comfortable and confident with their diapers.

End of rant,

Thanks

Remember when the word SALE was something you looked for because it meant something?

Sort of like Christmas and birthdays.

Yes, I go through LL Medico now for Better Dry diapers myself and really like the free shipping. Lucky for me I only need them for nighttime so it is cheaper. I feel for those who go through much more than me.

It's also those times I think of those stickers people put up with a certain president pointing to the total cost saying "I did that!"

I received the notification from Northshore also, and was irritated too. I normally use the Megamax, but now am looking to either switch to LLmedico, or switch to cloth diapers and plastic pants.

They really need to reevaluate the price increases. I would get a case of Betterdry for $100 with free shipping. Now its over $150 for the same case. Not going to happen, went to LLMedico for the same case back at $100 with free shipping

With the responses above, I'm starting to think it won't be too far distant when LL Medico does something similar

Jim Hightower explained the inflation/price increases in his newsletter, The Hightower Lowdown.
You might try his website, but it's the subscription one. One year = 15$, 2 years 27.00
Warning: he is not a tRumpette, so if you are way conservative, you won't like it.

subcription@hightower.org

In another major article from another source - possibly the Washington Post - there was a good article. In essence, it said that this (inflation) has happened before, many times, and nothing the government ever tried worked. Nixon "tried", but never got funding.
I suppose the answer is in the hands of the politicians. Any guess who much the Congress will do?
Alaska hasn't reached California gas prices - yet - but the percent of inflation is higher than the government is claiming. Retired and on limited income, and watching our savings melt away.
Here, incontinence pads haven't risen too much much, yet, but the supply is terrible. They can't even cover the holes on the shelves by spreading out the ones they still have, and none of the lower absorbency are on the shelves. In some cases, only the store brands are left, with the same missing absorbancies. So I tried mailorder. Same same, although didn't try Northshore. I just happened to stock when there was one relief in supples, but that's low, now. Wow! Has shipping (post office) risen in price.
Good luck, everyone.

You are feeling the effects of inflation which has been hurting us all for over a year. I'll leave it at that but it doesn't take much to read between the lines on who's to blame.

Ll medico will prob have to adjust as well. Though their product prices are lower for Betterdry. I will stay with ll medico. There service is second to none and no gouging on shipping.

I still buy an occasional product from Nortshore but only seldom.

Try allegro medical. They sell incontinence products and sometimes comes out with free shipping or 10% off.

I recently stocked up on diapers, planning for an increase in prices... With inflation on the rise, and now gas and diesel prices rising rapidly, it's pretty much a sure thing that diaper prices will rise, either thru shipping costs, or the diaper cost, or both. Since I have the space to store a few extra cases of diapers, I figure I've locked in future savings.

Of course, if diaper prices drop, then I've lost money... But I'm pretty sure that ain't happening!

Nah, you haven't lost money. The American Oligarchs are getting too much money from gouging to want to stop any time soon. If that fails, out trade war with Canada will keep the paper out....

I have what may be a naive question: I don't use incontinence products yet (it is only a matter of time) but am very interested in the situation everyone here is experiencing. Amazon does offer Northshore products with free shipping. Are the prices on Amazon comparable to what you pay on Medco? Please accept my apologies if this is a silly question.

Given the global price rises, I'm wondering to do a pre-emptive order or not. I've got a urology appointment on Tuesday though and so I'm wondering if it's worth it as I'm hoping I won't need nappies after that. For those who have had urology appointments, how long did you still need to wear nappies/diapers after your first consult?

They didn't solve my problem, but who knows?
Some economists are predicting we've only begun to see supply chain problems, and their arguments make sense to me, knowing global shipping. I think the story was in the Washington Post, the 27th or 28th.
Sort like kicking out all those undocumented field worker - so which Americans are going to do it for those wages, and if they raise those wages, what are we going to be paying for lettuce?
So many jobs and so much production was sent overseas - for bigger profits (Not for the 98% of us, of course).
The shelves here have had big gaps that are only getting bigger.
No good choices, there.
If you can stock up, consider doing it, I guess. If you over stock? Sell it on Amazon or ebay. You might keep up with inflation.

@AlasSouth Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I don't want to get my hopes up but equally don't want a bunch of nappies I don't need around the house - my mother did however point out that even if there is significant progress made it would probably still be a good idea to wear them overnight and when out and about. Plus, IBS is still a chronic concern. I'll put in an order after the appointment today I think. I also fear that delivery costs will hike up due to the cost of petrol.

Allegro medical has a sale on most of there diapers and more today plus free shipping. It ends today,3/29.
Use promo code Flash10 and you will get 10% off your order. There is no limit.