Insurance

Archives1

Staff member
So my insurance after months and months of deliberation and requests and signatures are going to cover the costs of purchasing diapers.

It’s only approved for 9 months so I’ll have to reapply again, but the dumb thing is… I have to get all 9 months worth at once.

I’m approved for 4 daytime pull ups and 2 nighttime taped diapers so that’s just over 1,600 diapers ALL AT ONCE. It’s insane. Bureaucracy really doesn’t make sense. I’m glad that this cost won’t be out of pocket anymore though. It’s been running me like $200 a month and now with gas prices and inflation it’s a real struggle.

I wish my insurance paid for mine. Crazy that you have to get all 9 months at once. Where do you store 1600 diapers?

@ExploringResources Insurance is so weird. Still, I'm glad they will cover the cost for nine months. Good luck finding room to store them all!

Insurance is a pretty simple equation-collect the premium and hang on to it or as much of it as possible for as long as possible. When it is inevitable that they have to pay they make it as painful as possible with goal being that you will only jump through the hoops once. Fairness would dictate that a dedicated group of insureds would examine the expense account reimbursements of the executives. During their "examination" all compensation would be withheld. Well, one can dream.