Incontinency supplies in NZ and AUS

Archives1

Staff member
I am planning on taking a 30 day cruise on a ship leaving from Auckland or Sydney. I am partially dependent on Men's Depend XL pullups. I see them listed in Drug Stores/Pharmacies, particularly in NZ stores, in size Medium and LG sizes only. Is size XL easily available in NZ and AUS. What about other ports in the South Pacific?

I don't want to haul two large boxes of 68 from the US. I hope to pick them up locally before the cruise. Running out of supplies would be a disaster. Are other brands/types more common???

I have never been on a cruise other than courtesy of the US Navy on war ships and Fast Attach submarines but have you considered mailing the necessary supplies by a reputable carrier in care of your Cruise Line and ship/stateroom number? Just a thought. Often times when I lived in the orient and hitting ports of call in the Western Pacific I would ship items either back home to Japan or back to the US. Again, I don't know about cruise lines but you might think they could support you.

@captainplay Kiwis are generally very trim people. I was married to one and I’ve spent several months in NZ. I didn’t see any size L+ the entire time I was down there and found that their size L in clothing would really be a size M in the USA.

Have fun; wish I was going!

@snow Wish I had that trouble! :D My XL should probably be 2x but I remain optimistic I can start losing again after my 3 month hiatus due to the thing.

I did a cruise last year and I wish I had brought more pads as well as depends. I can tell you, you will not find anything like that on a cruise ship. I restored to buying baby diapers on the ship, which helped a lot.
My suggestion is check with the curiseline to see how they can accommodate you. They are pretty helpful and will give you the best solution.
You will enjoy the cruise even more if you don’t have to think about running out. Enjoy.

A very quick look online shows Depend men’s products seem to well available in NZ as well.

If you have doubts I suggest you contact one or more in places you will visit and ask.

I notice I’m the only “local” offering advice. Maybe local advice could be worth considering.
Mike