Incontinence

Archives1

Staff member
I know it is hard to find someone to be with that accepts that you are urine and bowel incontinence. I have been single for over tens years now and I have hard time finding friend that accept it.

Hi Mat,
I haven't found a partner but my friends are accepting. I have one friend who has a disabled sister, so he is definately understanding. My incontinence started after an accident so the friends that do know are my closest and just want me to be healthy. I've gotten to the point where I manage everything very well. I use Northshore supremes (which are on autoship every month), pul pants, a bodysuit, and my regular clothes. I also just got a trash pail to put my soiled diapers in and that helps a lot. My mobility is super limited and I was just approved for the first stage of the process for getting a home health aid. It gets lonely being 40 and single sometimes but I was single before the accident so I guess I'm pretty used to it. I have a cat and that helps. :)

I understand your point of view but for me it’s different. We can pee ourselves when in a store but for me it’s more embarrassing when I poop my self in a store and some stores don’t have bathrooms where I can change myself.

I was lucky my incontinence started after we were married.I won,t say it is easy because even tho she is understanding when I get something wet you can see upset with me.