Incontinence when sexually excited

Archives1

Staff member
I haven't posted in quite a while as things are going well. Had my 6 month checkup with the urologist yesterday and my PSA is still undetectable 23 months after prostate removal. I am almost completely dry and wear a very minimal pad every day for "just in case" leaks but they rarely happen. But if I get sexually aroused I leak like a sieve. I can attain a good erection with the help of pills but the urine leakage ruins everything. My urologist tells me there is nothing that can be done because it's an involuntary response and the muscles that control that were taken out along with my prostate. Has anyone else had this problem and did you find a way to control it? Maybe a cock ring?

Hi Shellknotcat.

I am 4 years past and mostly dry. I am wearing washable underwear that catches my little stress leaks. I am good with erections on my own (no meds needed). I leak when excited and still deal with urine ejaculations (climacturia). I have not found a way to make it better though the climacturia has lessened overtime. I do a complete bladder empty before hand and use condoms.

Had same problem early on. It got better with time. Only a tablespoon or so now when it happens which is seldom

Ok im almost 9months post op. These post give me hope. And confirm that I'm healing and regaining functioning appropriately.

I have the same problem most of the time at 19 months post op. Not very hopeful at this point. Still have ED pretty bad too. Otherwise doing well with incontinence. A little leakage when doing strenuous things and occasionally at night.

Thanks for bringing up this issue. I'm only 10 weeks post-op today but didn't realize how common this issue is. Good to hear that it might diminish over time. The leakage does seem like it's slowly getting better but now I'm hopeful that the climacturia might improve too. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences.

I have been amazed at the amount of Urine I ejaculate when orgasm. I am 9 months post op and still have ED problems. I ejaculate greater than pre op but with urine which is messy. I hope this changes going forward as I will not go near my wife like this as she would get covered. God hope it improves.

The way I'm reading the internet, if you're not ejaculating urine after prostate removal you're not ejaculating anything at all.

"After radical prostatectomy (removal of the prostate) or cystectomy (removal of the bladder), a man will no longer produce any semen because the prostate and seminal vesicles have been removed. The testicles still make sperm cells, but then the body simply reabsorbs them. This is not harmful. After these cancer surgeries, a man will have a dry orgasm."

"Ejaculation will cease:
Without a prostate gland or seminal vesicles, you will no longer experience ejaculation. Even though your orgasm may feel different, it will still be pleasurable.
Leaking urine during sex:
This is possible but does not happen to all men. It’s harmless and temporary."

lightninboy said:
The way I'm reading the internet, if you're not ejaculating urine after prostate removal you're not ejaculating anything at all.

"After radical prostatectomy (removal of the prostate) or cystectomy (removal of the bladder), a man will no longer produce any semen because the prostate and seminal vesicles have been removed. The testicles still make sperm cells, but then the body simply reabsorbs them. This is not harmful. After these cancer surgeries, a man will have a dry orgasm."

"Ejaculation will cease:
Without a prostate gland or seminal vesicles, you will no longer experience ejaculation. Even though your orgasm may feel different, it will still be pleasurable.
Leaking urine during sex:
This is possible but does not happen to all men. It’s harmless and temporary."

@lightninboy:

I think the point it was trying to make is that after the surgery; a man will no longer be able to ejaculate regardless of whether or not urine is unfortunately leaked.

The good news is that a man can still feel pleasure - but it may feel different post the surgery.

I fortunately *knock on wood* do not suffer from prostate issues; nor have I had any surgery other than an interstim test for my bladder spasms and to try to treat symptoms of Incontinence due to OAB Syndrome- but I sympathize with men who are going through this.

More men should really get tested as it is a silent killer as left untreated can lead to other types of cancer.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Yes, there is no ejaculation after prostatectectomy. I now have dry orgasms except for the urine leakage. They do feel less intense but still pretty damn good lol

It’s a small amount of urine according to my urologist. Personally I have the same sensation of orgasm that I’ve always had.

Same sensations as a orgasm here too. Though lots of urine after 12 weeks. Hoping it gets better down the road. So glad to hear of other people's experiences.

It's not a powder, lightninboy.