Incontinence is frustrating

Archives1

Staff member
I have BPH and associated side effects. Things have been really good, so much so I would wear one pad per day and that was dry most of the time.

Bam, out of nowhere and no changes to my routines I wet the bed a few nights ago and last night. Back to night time diapers.

I’m baffled by the lack of predictability with this condition. I’m also having more urges so I’m full time pull-ups during the day. Oh well, happy new year.

Happy New Year too. And yes incontinence can be very frustrating. At least it sounds like you are making the best of a crummy situation. Which honestly is the only way through it. One has to make the most of the situation otherwise one’s wasting precious time.

Just my humble thoughts. Lol

Cheers

Jason

My body is like a football game.
I get a two minute warning before I have to pee and/or poop. Then I have to find the nearest bathroom.

My issues come and go, so when they come I am hopeful that they will go in a week or two. Last I saw the urologist though, he said things will probably get worse over time. So, yeah, but somehow we keep going…

Hey Aug168,

I don't know much about BPH or men's health issues in that area - but I resonate with you on the rest of your post.

I think the challenge for me is accepting the condition for what it is, a condition. Something you don't have control over. However, one thing I would like to say is how much stronger you become for dealing with it physically and mentally.

Keep your chin up man, prayers that God will heal you. 🙏

Blessings,
HC

Every time I have an episode, I am reminded that I really don't have any say in the matter- I'm not being lazy or doing it on purpose, so, like you said, Honeeecombs, it is a condition. I've been dealing with this for a lot of years, and yet, on a daily basis, I'm reminded that it is real, and not some behavioral issue. Frustrating is the right word.