Incontinence briefs

@Rrenteria1 I would have thought that the patient should decide. When I have had a catheter in hospital I prefer no briefs, but someone else might prefer the added security?

For sure it is up to the resident because it is their right. Consents do have to be made by resident/responsible party. The reasoning behind going briefless at night is to allow their skin to breathe which has been explained to me.

i was hospitalized several months ago for several days. no one asked if i wanted the protection or not but i needed and requested them and was given a supply. my impression was that it was simply left up to me. that worked out fine. i hope i never have to be in a long term facility, but i’m sure i’d wear protection there if i was.

as it happened, in the hospital, the brand/style they had was better than anything i’d tried before 🤪 so requesting and wearing them could turn out to be a happy experience. They are available where i always get my incontinence supplies so now I get that brand all the time 😍!!!

I think around here, they judge the resident needs. I know my Mother went in their after hip surgery, with a Foley, then into pull up from there.

Personally, when I was in the hospital, I was very sick, I tried or wanted too self cath, and it didn't work out, they wanted to promote that but, the Nurse came into talk to me, and she contacted my Dr. she ordered a Foley. After a couple days, I kinda came around, and realized I had a pull up on too and heavy waterproof pads under me. I started drinking water, as I knew I needed that, the Nurse commented I'm so glad you have a Foley, as you really drink water.( I do feel I got out of there from drinking water) Oh yes they called incontinence protection, "paper underwear"