Incontinence and smell

Archives1

Staff member
I wanted to share something I have found useful. I am not very successful at containing my incontinence, particularly at night. I wear a pull up with several booster pads at night. Additionally, I put a fabric pad on the bed for additional containment.

With my laundry, for the fabric pads, they are washed with 1 cup bleach, one cup baking soda and 1 cup of vinegar along with the detergent. I have lately been adding in laundry sanitizer. There is no remaining smell. For sheets and bedding and clothing, I omit the bleach. I find it a great relief to know that any smell is removed.

I’ve used the same solution for clothes or bedding that’s gotten soaked and the vinegar is the key for sure!! Great post!!

The soda and vinegar would react and neutralize each other. Try using them at different times (maybe two short cycles).

@LeeC

I have occasional bedwetting, once or twice a month. I have washed my sheets, bedwetting pad and wet underwear with just regular laundry detergent (Gain) and never had an issue with smell or oder.