In between sizes.

Archives1

Staff member
Got a kinda good problem. I’m losing weight and getting healthier but I’ve hit a size problem. My waist is at about 43 inches, so the large diapers feel too big as my rear and hips have also downsized a bit. Problem is the medium diapers side flaps are about an inch too short to make the proper fit. The padding in the medium definitely fits better and doesn’t tend to sag or slip like the large, but I can’t get it to close without squeezing my thigh to death.

I use tranquility ATN diapers. Any suggestions?

For reference in jeans right now 42s fit snugly and 44s need a belt to not fall down.

Your best solution is to try different brands. Abena L4's might work as well as the Confidry in a medium. There is a difference between the Northshore product lines. I found the MegaMax large is larger than some of their other "large" sized products. Good luck.

I tried the NS Megamax in the past and it felt like I had a giant pillow between my legs. I couldn’t so much walk as waddle when I was wearing it. I can definitely see where it could be useful for long flights or other times when you need absolute protection for many hours but I need something a bit more realistic. Plus the Megamax is way more expensive.

I do like the NS lights but they seem to have the same sizing as the ATN

I may try confidry. I’ve heard good things.

Yeah, I have this problem, too - being between sizes. I opt for tighter because I find then there are fewer leaks.

I have noticed that there is a big difference between the MegaMax small and mediums. I ordered a case of the mediums, and they are quite large. According to their size charts, I should be wearing a medium. I'm afraid the smalls would be too small.

@Damp Go to the North Shore website and chat with a representative (Lower right corner "Contact Us". They should send you a sample pack of your desired size and product. Let the know what you have (diapers products and sizes). Make sure to chat with a representative and not use the sample request. I received samples from large to x-large because it used a waist range of 37-44.

I had sample for the Go Supreme in medium which ends at size 40. I thought the Flex Supreme would be similar design with the medium range ending at 44. I did not like the GoFlex but had purchased 2 packs. North Shore exchanged the unopened Flex Supreme for the Go Supreme. I purchase a case of the Go Supreme in late November using the NAFC15 code which I provide with link below. I need / want the Go Supreme for night time use. Depend pullups and pads are enough for me during the day.

Through December 31, 2020, receive 15% off NorthShore Care Supply products with the code NAFC15.*

*Cannot be combined with other offers. Valid through December 31, 2020

The thing to remember as far as not leaking is concerned is the fit between the legs. That's where the leaking problems usually happen. If the fit is too loose then it's all over! But too tight is just too uncomfortable!

@Newbie2this Do try different brands.that seal around the legs, it makes all the difference between a leak free wonderful day and a miserable day with leaks. I had that problem a while back when trying different diapers,once I knew the fit, I stuck with those brands that made a good seal but not too tight as that can cause a nasty rash. Also make sure the rear of the diaper seals good on the back part as this is where leaks happen when sitting on a chair.

I am between sizes too. Seni regular Quattro works really well. Cloth backed, but stiffer then other cloth backed. I don’t have to worry about it stretching much at night.

I guess we are all different shapes. I buy according to my biggest dimension - my bottom. If I bought according to my waist size, my pants would be much too tight around my groin.

Hi @BarrySimpson, excellent point about us all being different sizes and shapes. I think most people when buying pants or underwear (no mater what type of underwear) think first of their waist size. And according to your experience that would be a mistake. I agree that a much better guide is where your dimensions are the biggest. After all there is no such thing as "one size fits all," as in reality nothing can be farther from the truth! I think for someone like me it would be the hips. But in this game experimentation is the key. It's best to get samples and that way you can determine not only the best style for you but the best size.

I just had a live chat with Cathy from Northshore requesting a sample size small of the MegaMax diaper. I had an order of the mediums which is the size I should wear according to their size charts. I found them quite large; especially in the length of the diaper. I also asked for a sample of Betterdry size medium. Cathy said that they do not send samples of Betterdry anymore. Has anyone used the Betterdry diaper? If so, how do they compare with MegaMax in size, construction, comfort, etc. Thanks for any advice.

@Damp Hello Damp, I've been using the BetterDry's for quite a while and I can tell you they are more form fitting and slighter smaller than a Mega Max. I first tried out the Mega max when they first came out and the one thing that I personally did not like about them is that they would not wick/evenly distribute the wetness as is became full. Also I started leaking a lot in the middle with the mega max because the front part of the diaper got saturated and when I would have a small sudden gush of urine it was unable to quickly absorb it. The better dry on the other hand does wick evenly and absorbs sudden gushes with ease and I do not have to use a diaper cover over them due to its outstanding absorbency qualities. I have to wear 24/7 due to my severe urinary incontinence and I have tried A LOT of brands of diapers subjecting them to gruelling tests.
They do swell quite a bit as they are very thirsty and is expected of a diaper that has rapid absorbency.
A lot of diapers seem to have that problem of balancing out wicking vs absorbency.

Yes, I switched over to those. Found the are more comfortable and fit better for me personally. There is an absorbency difference so if you are used to megamax, betterdry is a little less absorbent. I just use a doubler across the front wings and they work great.