Imterstim trial period

Archives1

Staff member
Well surgery for the imterstim phase 1 went well Friday.My back is just a little sore.So far it seems to be working fairly well.

I am glad the surgery went well for you and you're seeing success pleasee keep us informed on how you're doing and if you have continued success

@wadebailey it is good to hear that it went well, do keep us up to date on how it works out for you, cheers Phil

Praise God for any and all blessings!

As I mentioned before, it has worked for me, but I have had to make numerous adjustments over time. Some things to be aware of:

* You can change the power/amplitude of a given channel up to 9.0, but don't go beyond about 4.0. If you do you will run down the internal battery. I had to replace mine after only 18 months, because I wasn't aware of this. I was setting it at 8.5 before I told the doctor I was having problems. Tell your doctor if you aren't getting the results you need. He or the sales rep can change how each channel works until you find what works for you. There are 99 frequencies and each can be fine tuned.

* If you change channels to one you were using in the past, be prepared to quickly reduce the power. For example: Let's say I had been using channel #1 set to 3.0. Then I moved to channel #2 or #3 or #4. If I go back to channel #1 a few weeks/months later, it will will sting! So be ready to dial it down and then sneak back up until you feel something. It can literally "be a shock".

* Be sure you understand how to use the remote device. The interface I have takes getting used to. In the beginning, I had accidentally turned the implant off. Maybe the UI of newer units will have improved by now.

* The electric pulse can change as you move your body. You might feel fine while standing, but get shocked while getting into bed or sitting down. Keep that remote nearby. You will just have to play with it to get what works for you.

* Also discuss with your doctor where you want the implant placed in your body. Since I carry a "heavy item" on my belt and I don't have enough fat on my butt, I asked him to place it above my belt line, on my back, not my butt. He was happy to accommodate me.

I hope all continues to go well for you.