I know it's early but

Archives1

Staff member
I hope everyone has a nice and happy christmas

as I'm typing I'm listening to christmas music, soooo

thought I'd post my christmas greetings.

hope you all have a good time what ever you're doing

Happy holidays to everyone on this site. Hope everyone stays positive until the end of the year, and hopefully everyone finds a solution to their issues.

Thank you Emily! And I wish you a merry Christmas too! :D It's good to get in the spirit a bit early and think about better things to come. What songs are you listening to now? And what are some of your favorite Christmas tunes? ❤️

Oh and if you want a good cry, listen to Tom Chaplin 12 days of Christmas. There is a track on that album that has a video to it on you tube and it's about an elderly gentleman with his dog and he walked his dog every day and died at Christmas and all the other dog walkers lit a candle in the park for him. I had occular incontinence to that one!

Hio @laalaauk. I know about ocular incontinence and that story in your post would definitely bring it on! Sad that he died on Christmas but nice all the other dog walkers lit a candle for him in the park.

at bill: mary did you know by pentatinix. I love the harmonies they do as a group (accapella)

also a big fan of fairytale of new york. I hear that and think christmas is here

and it's the same for a winter's tale by david essex

that song doesn't even mention christmas, but it's played a lot around that time of the year

Hi @laalaauk. I did have a hard time seeing the keys and the screen. That is a sad story! Very poignant. Thank you for sharing that!

Makes me cry everytime I watch it. It's so English and poignant. We seem to lose so many loved ones at Christmas time.

@billliveshere I lost my 45 year old sister 2 years ago. She had pulmonary sarcoma, a very rare aggressive type of cancer. She went mid December. Was heartbreaking.

Anyway, let's flip this coin and have a good one this Christmas. I have placed my Marks and Spencers food order and my fiance has started on the present hunt. Hoping this will be our last Christmas in this one bed ground floor flat and hope we can get a 3 bed house to move into next Christmas.

Hi @laalaauk, I'm really sorry to hear about your sister and it happening in mid-December makes it doubly sad. But your memories of her will grow more precious with each passing year.
I'm sure you are anxiously awaiting your Marks & Spencer food order as well as Christmas 2021 in what will hopefully be a three-bedroom house.
And here's to one more Christmas in you one bed ground floor flat! 🍺

Really looking forward to Christmas! Really not enjoying life at the moment so any time away from work is a bonus! Hoping next year will be better.

@laalaauk Sorry for your loss.

Hi @Sci_Fi_Fan, I'm sorry to hear you're not really enjoying life very much at the moment and really hope things go better for you soon! One friend has started enjoying Christmas music already so might that help?
And I think all of us are hoping that next year will be better!
So hang in there and know we are here to help!