I am tired

Archives1

Staff member
I am tired and confused about my bedwetting suituation,at a point thought it was vodoo cos am from africa.i cry becos when i try to control it ,it still happens and i feel so ashamed. How do i bring this to an end,i am fed up pls

I am 30years,and i have to lie with my daughter becos i have to take my mattress out this bedwetting is horrible,i feel akward going to a doctor here and tell the doctor i bedwet.... lord help mi

Alexandra
I'm sorry that you are struggling with this issue. I'm newly having incontinence issues (both day and night) myself. I am certainly not an expert but I have already discovered that it is much easier to hide the problem and cope when you get a good night's sleep and wake up in a dry bed. For me that has meant wearing protection in the form of heavy night (& also day) diapers. It also meant that I had to summon up the courage to talk to my doctor and start getting worked up medically to hopefully find the cause and other solutions. All of that is in progress... I hope that you can start to find something that works for you better than taking out the mattress all the time. Lots of great info here so you're in the right place to get you started. Best wishes!

It's not voodoo and it's not your fault, so there's no reason to be ashamed. See your doctor. It's hard to talk about but they have seen it all. Good luck.

You might have treatment options. Possible infection, medications you could try, an anatomical abnormality that could be corrected. The things these have in common are that they're all things that have to be diagnosed by a doctor.

It also might not be something treatable. A lot of us just live with it. Diapers are a better solution than a wet mattress, for most of us anyway. You might want to try it until you can get to the doctor, at the very least.

Vestalm said:
Alexandra
I'm sorry that you are struggling with this issue. I'm newly having incontinence issues (both day and night) myself. I am certainly not an expert but I have already discovered that it is much easier to hide the problem and cope when you get a good night's sleep and wake up in a dry bed. For me that has meant wearing protection in the form of heavy night (& also day) diapers. It also meant that I had to summon up the courage to talk to my doctor and start getting worked up medically to hopefully find the cause and other solutions. All of that is in progress... I hope that you can start to find something that works for you better than taking out the mattress all the time. Lots of great info here so you're in the right place to get you started. Best wishes!

Thank you,i am glad i found dis forum and i Thot it was the end becos i got depressed,now i feel at peace knowing am not the only one in the world. I know i will find a way out here

Everyone thanks for your responds,am happy i found another family, i don't have to be ashamed to open up. Hmmmmm diaper i think i will swallow my shame and get one becos my room already smells. Thanks you once and i hope to learn more

Everyone thanks for your responds,am happy i found another family, i don't have to be ashamed to open up. Hmmmmm diaper i think i will swallow my shame and get one becos my room already smells. Thanks you once and i hope to learn more

Alexandraariche said:

-----

Yes...but: A diaper is not a cure for this condition. At the same time, do seek to see a doctor or medical professional in the field of urology, for example. Some countries, like the UK, might even refer you to a 'continence nurse'.

The diaper will be a start to simply keep the bed dry and allow you a good rest overnight ---

BUT PLEASE DO SEE A DOCTOR SOONEST!

Yes...A diaper is NOT a cure. It's a management tool. Use it while you seek a doctor's care. You don't know what your cause is. It may very well be curable. Diapers should be an interim management tool and a last resort if treatments don't work.

I have idiopathic overactive bladder. I've tried a handful of pills, none are working well enough to outweigh the side effects but everyone is different. I'll keep trying new meds. If diapers become permanent for me then I think I can cope with it but if I were you I'd make sure to see a doctor before just resigning to diapers.

Adult onset bedwetting is often the sign of an underlying medical condition. You need to get checked out. IF it's always been a problem since childhood, it may not be caused by a serious medical problem but may still be treatable and beatable.