Huge update... Life. Job. And a crappy situation...

Archives1

Staff member
Well first, I am still working for the same place. Thankfully, but things have been very bad... Like multiply trips to the doctor and ER for my stomach. They were putting stuff off due to covid but now are not due to the amount of time I have had issues. This past Sunday I was in so much pain at work and could not pass stool that

I call the Er and tried to see what I should do as I was already there for CT and labs on the 17th of last month and was negative for any diverticulitis. Due to covid I was asked to try to make it to my regular doctor in the morning as it was almost 2am by then and they ER put in a rapid appointment request.

So Monday the 6/8 I went in first thing and had an good old fashion x ray done right at my normal doctors office and Yep they found that I was full of crap..

HAHA, but not funny with my past history. Labs were order to make sure nothing else was wrong and the doctor coordinated with my new GI doctor to see if I need to head to the ER.

They decided that I should try to clear out with MiraLax before they do something more. It work but took tell noon yesterday to work. (That was with three whole doses.)

Right now I am very sore again as I ate food after being on liquids for 24 hours and hope I am not getting backed up more.

Tomorrow I am going to call my GI and try to move them along with visits so I can get this figured out.

Now to the good. Work sick pays not matter what so I am not losing money due to all of this.
My issue is that I like work, do not what to sit home, but I get so messed up that I cannot function. I will have a day of chronic constipation then have to take Miralax and then have chronic diarrhea..

When I have Constipation i have Chronic urination to the point of running to make it to the bathroom. And that is going (900ml six-eight time a shift...so in 12hours)

I am at a loss.

I am not in school right now due to grades from being sick.. (A Blessing right now)

But I get in so much pain for both constipation and diarrhea that I cannot function and have no answers as of why. They ruled out stuff today with labs that were done but no solution is working to make me function.

I have latterly take a change of shorts to work and even worn a pad and pant set up a few days as I pack them in my gym bag that goes everywhere with me now.

Like I said, work will let us go home sick and still pay us right now due to covid and they don't care that it is not a covid related issue as the government is paying them to pay us as we are an essential business.. (We ship pet food and supplies but also pet pharmaceuticals)

So again I am at a loss...

The best thing is that the Pa-c that I dealt with on Monday dues not take no for an answer so she got me xrays and said that from now on, if I get feeling like i was to come in to see how back up I am.

They are working on some bowl prep regements to see what I can do as my system to so messed up because it is so shortened due to losing 14 inches of my large intestent without ending up with a colostomy bag..

The GI doctor is going to do a colonoscopy and endoscopy and take samples to see what is up but they have not scheduled it yet.

Now that all the labs are back and were negative I feel like the GI has to work quicker to get this figured out...

I feel like crap and I am sick of taking pain meds just to be able to sit up...that and the miralax make me a content bathroom dweller....

Well that is what is been up with me.

Hope everyone else's lockdown has been going better than mine has.

Dear FL Guy,

I am sorry you seem to be in a pickle right now. I hope this will pass and in time, you can go back to your "normal" life.

Here's wishing you well from across the pond.

I'm curious how much Miralax you're taking. It really shouldn't be causing constant diarrhea. The trick is to adjust the dose to ask amount you can tolerate on a daily basis.

You could also try a different laxative. I have ulcerative colitis, which at times causes severe constipation. I tend to use lactulose, which seems to suit my system better than Miralax. The biggest problem is that it can cause gas, although once my system adjusts to it I do fine.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble!

Hi FLguy,
Sorry you are going through all that. Hope your docs find a solution for you soon that is a good fit for you.

Good morning FLGuy What you're going through now is definitely troublesome for sure. I hope you can get your colonoscopy/endoscopy done ASAP and get an answer. I've had those done before; endoscopy for heartburn (I have GERD and take meds) and the colonoscopy, well because I'm at the age when it needs to be done! Once you're done with those please keep pressing the doctor until you get a definitive answer and a prognosis. You deserve to know what's going on with you! In the meantime hope you feel better soon!

Update. So I got everything set up and have my appointments next week. Got to get another Covid test before which will suck but anything that leads to answers is worth it. Last night I was in a lot of pain at work but made it through.. Ran Tylenol so was in pain almost all night. Taking the miralax everyday right now as I cannot go without it at all so no choice there... Not happy about that but have not had an accident yet but had a close call yesterday when I got up. I have also decussed all of this with the PA-c for my GI doctor now so it help move me up with the appointment...Like they got me their best GI Doctor... So that the 23rd I have a covid test then the 25th is the big day... never had biopsy done and never dealt with a GI doctor so I hope of answers. My family doctor is worried that my bowel mussel is not working and allowing my to pass anything so that is a big worries.

I'm glad you have an appointment with a good GI doctor. I've gone to one for GERD and he prescribed a good medication. Your doctor will probably want to do a colonoscopy. The worst part of one of those is the day before where you have to go on a clear liquid diet and swill down this yucky medicine the afternoon and evening before. But the next day is much better. If you can and if your doctor permits it, try to have it done at a surgery center instead of the hospital. So hopefully you'll get a definitive answer soon.

Hi Friend, have you access to a dietitian or can you get a referral?
It seems like the usual food advice of Rice bananas applesauce for diarrhea is not enough for you.
Probiotic stuff is very helpful if its quality but agagain, you might benefit from special diet tailored to your particular situation.

I have no idea what your normal food interests are but I can tell you, for me it's a very contrary ride to what another person might consider.
I am regular and feel well if I eat McDonalds a quarter pounder and fries every few days but I cannot tolerate much whole grain avocados or nuts.
My poo t is keep food dairy and see what effects the exact thing you put into you has.

FlGuy the way I look at it, what goes in affects the outcome.
Without casting any judgement on what you want drink and what quantity can you tell us what you are eating?
Things like a different food consumption and probiotics could help your poor insides to get relief.
I've shared with "y'all" I am not eating a prim and proper diet so I took to be honest about whatever you are eating. It bothers me the doctors are prescribing for the crap but not talking about the food or how to calm your tormented guts before the outcome.