How much is to much. Supplies??

Archives1

Staff member
I am very much a what-if type of person. I always prepare for the worst but pray for the best. Well I thought that I would need a lot more while I was in Florida for Thanksgiving so now I am stuck with a dilemma.

I budget $200 a month for diapers, but right now I have 45+ Betterdry (Use them for daytime) and about the same amount of MagaMax for nighttime use. I have money put back so I could order 2-3 cases this month so that I don't have to order any in December so I have more money for Christmas gifts.

What I don't want is to be waiting for stuff due to shipping.

My family knows I will not be home for Christmas already so don't need travel money.

Just don't know what to do. I like the Betterdry for the day because I feel like they hid well and are good for my needs. The MegaMax are great for nighttime. I have enough to get into December but with the snow moving in I feel like now is the time to get more.

Who else in the snow areas has stocked up already??

I try to have 1 plus on hand. On another issue, has anyone out there tried to, or successfully won a suit against their Dr./Urologist for not finding cancer in a timely manner which resulted in more pain or suffering than perhaps necessary?

Hello everyone. I buy a 6 month supply everytime. I am also that person on the what if side. Once I get down to my last month on supplies, I'll order for another 6 months. It's a bit spendy. Well worth it though.

I am definitely a “what if” anxiety-ridden person.

To answer your question, I will quote something @billliveshere often says: “It’s better to have something and not need it than to need it and not have it.”

I am also a huge fan of gift-giving and consider it one of the very best pleasures in life. So I can relate to your desire to do that.

I guess you could not buy diapers in December, so you could use the money for presents, but keep a bit of money in case you don’t get your January diaper supply on time, at which point you could go to any big box store to buy just the bedtime ultra defense Depends - just for an emergency such as this one. I know they’re not your favorite, but they’d be good enough to hold you over by a week, if your delivery is late.

I don't buy too far ahead because I gain/lose weight so I switch between large/XL sizes. Since I'm only a night wetter I am actually ok to try a night or 2 without protection when I am trying to stretch out my supplies.

I think it depends really. I never used to have much anxiety over running out as all the various suppliers I use here have next day delivery, so I just used to order once I was down to ten or so. Now, with all the issues re shortages I tend to stock up in advance.

I just put in an order way ahead of time because one of my suppliers had a Black Friday deal so I saved about £20. I should be good well into January now.

These are some of the kinks I’m working out now with this issue. In the beginning I was changing my diaper every time it was even a little wet. I have a big fear of leaking.

I didn’t realize how many I was going through so fast and ran out while on the road for thanksgiving and had to get some from Walgreens. Depends are absolutely terrible.

I’m pursuing getting diapers through my insurance. It got denied but my case manager seems to think she can get them to approve it. I hope so because I didn’t realize how expensive this actually is.

@ExploringResources If you need to buy Depends again, make sure you buy the thickest: “Night Defense.”

@snow sounds good I definitely will take a look at them if I ever have to. I bought the male real fit underwear. Leaked in them on two different occasions.

During the day I’ve been using the Abena Abri flex, and I’ve only ever had one issue. I can’t wear them at night though, I definitely need the thicker ones with the tapes. I’ve used Abena Abri form X plus and recently been using Beyond 5000 which both seem really good so far.

There are many economists who say inflation is going to get much worse next year.. Considering the long shelf life of diapers, you might find it's better to stock up now, incase there's a steep price hike next year.

Lots of good comments on the cost of products and uncertainty of delivery - all of which I agree with.

One other consideration is storage space. I'd love to order supplies six months ahead like @JWT, but even if I could afford that I'd have nowhere to store so many boxes.