How do you

Archives1

Staff member
Put on a diaper laying down with one leg and a cranky old cat who wants to lay right next to you and wont move?

Enquiring minds wanna know

Dogs are better

Spaz said:
Kitties are the best!!!!
Spaz said:
Kitties are the best!!!!
09550f677ee912cabb8b27b404961882.jpg

I have a both a four-legged friend (also a black lab) and a parrot! The parrot is madly in love with the dog. The dog tolerates the parrot. After all, labs are hunting dogs (mine has never hunted) who would never hurt the parrot but he doesn't share the love!

We all need to be tolerated but being adored is a nice extra as incontinence can be an isolating experience.
Licky dog, lucky Stuart to have so much companionship!

I love parrots but they require a lot of social time and would be a problem if they repeated the things i mutter and curse re nocturia !

Absolutely right. Having a parrot is like having a 3 year old who never grows up and is very needy. Luckily, I work from home so he has company whenever he needs it. (we do not clip his wings so he can fly down to me whenever he wants.) The problem is, whenever I get on the phone he thinks I am talking to him and he answers me back. I need to put him in a bedroom and lock the door when I have a conference call scheduled. The sacrifices we make!
On the other hand, he is always able to put a smile on my face when I need it!

A 3 year old indeed! What a confusing conference call if he is chiming in on company business!

Here is one of my favorite true parrot stories:
My neighbors had an African grey who was quick to learn new phrases. He sat on a screen porch and used to bark at my dogs in their own voices as we walked by.
But here is the story.
The owner swore a lot, grumpy old vet but the guys Dad was a Baptist minister.
After spending vacation with the Reverend the parrot would say, God bless us all!
There was a Thanksgiving dinner with all of the family and during the prayer before the meal the parrot yelled, "God bless us all God dammit!"

Ironically I've never been good at housetraining and now i feel compassion when a small dog goes inside. As wel as being as annoyed as if i did it myself. Thus, i still cuss.
They are kinder and more tolerant of me and my pee than i am of them.

Stuart i actually should have told this bathroom humor one.
Family dinner new son in law got up from the table and goes to the master bathroom as the other toilet is within earshot of dining area.
Comes running out with his pants down, the same parrot is yelling WHO'S THERE? as his owner does when a visitor comes the the front door.
No one thought to mention the parrot had been put in the master bath to keep it civilized