How do you carry?

Archives1

Staff member
Your supplies I mean.

I usually carry 2-3 extra diapers and wipes in a drawstring bag then put it in my bigger backpack which has my water bottle, phone charger, laptop or iPad, keys, and whatever else I need for the day. It’s not uncommon for folks to carry bags in the city so no one thinks twice.

You?

I have an under armor soccer bad that is great. I carry more than what I need because more than once I ended up in the ER/ED and had to change before leaving. (better to have and not need than need and not have)

I paid like $25 for the bag and it was to replace my old bag that ripped the great thing is how it opens all the way down the front so you have access to everything. There is also a section at the bottom made for shoes where I keep betterdry and other stuff in case of a bad day.

I carry 2-3 Abena pull-ups, 2 Abena L3/4, and then in the bottom, I have 2-3 premium briefs. I also have a change of clothes.

The recent upgrade is a medium hero clip that allows you to hang the bag over a door no matter where you are.

Do you have a link for your bag? That sounds very handy. I’m carrying my dads old Columbia backpack and when it’s supposed to rain I carry a ortlieb messenger backpack that’s waterproof. When you don’t drive it’s essential.

justej said:
Do you have a link for your bag? That sounds very handy. I’m carrying my dads old Columbia backpack and when it’s supposed to rain I carry a ortlieb messenger backpack that’s waterproof. When you don’t drive it’s essential.

The bag I have is the Under Armor charged soccer bag in red and black. I got mine at a local Durham Sports on clearance. No soccer team in my area uses red and black so that is likely why it was only $25.

Amazon has the same bag in black.

Also Here is the hero clip I have on my bag on amazon.

I use a satchel bag that I got a while back from dad gear. Unfortunately their business seems to have shut down, but I love this bag.

I use a back pack which I use to carry reusable shopping bags which has 2 or 3 diapers and plastic bags in it.
And a few other items.

Since my issue is bedwetting I do not have to carry supplies with me for day use. I commend all of the ideas here on how to live normally and still have everything you need.

When I travel (hope to again soon) I do pack a pull-ups in my carry on GoPro backpack. If it is a long flight I wear a pull-ups (depend realfit usually) just in case I fall asleep on the flight and wet. But even if it is a short flight I'll pack the pull-ups in my backpack just in case I need it. Like if my flight gets diverted or connecting flights are missed/delayed/canceled and my short journey now take longer or require and overnight stay somewhere.

Now what I like about the GoPro backpack is that there are multiple compartments and one is in the back for a laptop with a divider to insert a water bladder for hydration. I put my MacBook in the computer slot and the pull-ups where the hydration bladder would go. Never had any issue going through TSA with it and with it being in the back area and not the main areas it is discrete with no worries of anyone seeing it when I get stuff out of the main areas of the backpack.

JT

@justej as my issues are mostly around bedwetting I only tend to carry on long car trips and flights. I use a Samsonite backpack that has three compartments and dedicate one of those to nappies, wipes, plastic bags, etc. This allows me to keep my other gear separate and not have to worry about people seeing the products when I rummage around in my bag. If I’m staying overnight at places I discovered a zip that is built into the lining of my Flylite suitcase that allows me to store nappies underneath, again ensuring discretion if I need to access the bag for any reason.

I use a cheap camo backpack. I keep a few other things in it i may need other than incontinence supplies. I have had it looked through(did I spell that right?) before when I wasnt around my bag. I bet the person looking for something valueable was disappointed. Once I had left it in my pickup seat while I was inside a store and when i came back it had been emptied out in the floorboard.

@Rowan123 Sounds lie we do about the same.

@Ruhappy oh no, going through your bag. That's not cool. Though I do suspect that the person looking to steal something was no interested in your protection products.

Not unless said person need protection products himself!!! After all have you checked the prices of those things lately????😲😲😲

I have to drive a car everywhere I go, so I keep some supplies in my car in a plastic trash bag. My system does not work very well because things work their way out of the bag and slide under the seat and all over the place. After reading this thread, I think I will switch to using a bag with a zipper, or a backpack. LOL

@Jaytee I once caught one of my good friends digging through my trash can.. I just said "can I help you?!" It not only pissed me off but it grossed me out even tho it was my trash. Sometimes I dont know what to think of people lol. I usually put my incontinence products in small bags then in my larger trash can. But still, it was weird. Didnt mean to get off topic.

So why would a friend (good or otherwise) dig through your trash can? That doesn't make sense! And saying "can I help you?" is as good a response as any in a situation like that. I know that🐶 dogs and raccoons🦝 dig through trash cans to look for food but a friend???😲Since you caught him in the act hopefully he never pulled that stunt again!!!

@billliveshere he said he was lookin for something to spit in. He was a snuff dipper at the time. I gave him a new red solo cup, I always have plenty. Im pretty sure he could tell I didnt like him diggin in my trash.