Hope for the future.

Archives1

Staff member
Yesterday I had a somewhat productive appointment with my PCP and also found out that the meds that the CNP from Gastroenterology wanted me on would not be covered by my insurance.

Luckily I have amazing parents and my mom ordered me stuff.

My PCP wants me seen by my actual GI doctor and asked if I have an appointment set for this year at all (I don't). He is reaching out to GI about everything and wants someone to look over my case from the start to now.

Tonight I am doing a full round of Meralax as I have been constipated for a few days now and I am starting to feel worse and worse every day.

PCP doesn't have anything that he thinks he can do to help, and CNP from GI is not the person I need to talk to about being back and square one.

I don't want my quality of life to get as bad as it was so I am going to try a few things.

I just hope that my PCP and my phone call on Monday get GI to realize that they have to see me. I am on a cancellation list but have gotten noting from my main GI since January 2023 so, she has not really been a doctor on my case for a long time.

Certainly seems like you need a rotating regular appointment with the GI doc to check in every few months

@Maymay941

Even my PCP is fed up with the GI office I go to. The CNP that I am seeing can only do so much and will not over step on my DR. who I have not seen this year at all.

I truly forgot it was Friday because I was going to call today about everything but I guess I will on Monday.

ThatFLGuy said:
Tonight I am doing a full round of Meralax as I have been constipated for a few days now and I am starting to feel worse and worse every day.

I deal with constipation caused by my medications. To mitigate episodes, I take "Miralax" (PEG 3350) every other day, but for instant results I take "Milk of Magnesia".

My doctor and other sources warn that you must drink lots of water for them to work.

Hope things work out in the end. 🙃