Homespun advice in the time of Virus

Archives1

Staff member
Preparing for The Virus:
Stock up on: 325mg tylenol 200mg robitussin humidifier(or dit in steamy shower) real honey kleenex and have supply of favorite soups on hand.
Prepare as if you KNOW you are going to get a nasty bout of bronchitis.
Alternate minimum doses of Tylenol and Advil around the clock if you have fever over 102 degrees.
Drink honey (which is actually soothing and good for healing raw membranes cuts and raw skin elsewhere applied topically by the way)
Take Robitussin Mucinex day or nyquil as directed. Do not mix cough meds.
Drink clear liquids. Rest.
Most cases of the virus are mild enough to treat at home.
This is all advice from a nurse i am just pasing it on.

Thank you Maymay941.

The only other thing I would add is to wash your hands more frequently especially if you leave your home. Wash them immediately when returning home and do not touch ones face when out and about until you have washed your hands.

Here’s to best health to all! We will get through this.

Yes JW i thought this home prep first aid kit was very useful to have regardless.
Washi hands wash hands wash hands

We have been using disposable gloves when we are out of the house. Harbor Freight sells a wide variety of vinyl and nitrile gloves. I use them in my woodworking hobby.

It hurts that we can't go to church! :( This is where a regular habit of reading the Bible helps.

Oh, here is a suggestion for finding a Bible translation that is easiest for you to read. Download and install the "YouVersion Bible" app on all your devices. (Be sure to use the same account on all your devices to keep in sync.) They offer free downloads of almost all translations. Some translations come with human eReaders. So you can just sit and listen while either male or female voice reads it to you. They include footnotes that helps you find the Old Testament prophecies about Jesus coming and other prophecies. You can compare passages from one translation to another side-by-side. The app features thousands of reading plans and videos, even full length movies. These can help you with your own special questions. You can bookmark any passages that are special to you, copy and paste to other apps like MS Word or Notes. They now have a Prayer section where you can write prayers you want to repeat. It has been such a blessing to me and my wife. (We include "YouVersion" as one of the places we donate to every year.)

We bought 2 cheap, 10" RCA Viking Tablets from Walmart with Android for less than $100. They come with a detachable keyboard. Great value. The newer ones have Android 9.0 and are 11.5", 32 GB memory, 2 GB RAM, 2 cameras, and USB ports. (You can also get them on Amazon.)

Our old ones are kind of slow sometimes, but they get the job done. Newer ones are no doubt faster.

I have read 5 different translations so far. It has really increased my understanding of the true Word of God. This allows me to discern if a sermon is truthful or not. Too many churches have sweetened the scriptures to allow people to believe a lie. In fact, scripture says that "...in the last days people will follow after false prophets" looking for the ones that say what they want to hear. Eternity is a long time!

"In all things, give thanks to God."

Thanks, MayMay.
Washing hands more frequently and more thoroughly can result in badly dried, flaking skin. Trying vitamin C & E (the oils), since i have to use them on legs, anyway. The types i buy come in small bottles and I've yet to see ones with long lists of chemicals and "preservatives" -unless they aren't regulated for contents like presciptions are, and food. Right now, have GNC & a Fred Meyer (Kroger) brand.
I'm wondering how nurses deal with skin when they wear gloves for such long periods, daily.

Hi Aalas i think most medical people use Eucerin cream type stuff its not chemical free.
I hope you are well this crisis sounds less likely to be a bother to you in Alaska since not many visitors not high concentrations of people generally?