High bladder neck.

Archives1

Staff member
Hi everyone,

On my last 2 visits to the hospital for Botox, doctors have said I have a high bladder neck and the symptoms I am describing sound like they would benefit having a bladder neck incision. I have searched for evidence to support this surgery but would like opinions of other peoples' experience having had this operation. Was it successful?

Many thanks for any advice given.

Hi @laalaauk, I'm afraid I can't help you there as I have never experienced that, but you are wise to do your research and to ask opinions of other people. I hope you find some pertinent answers soon! :)

Initially my uro thought I had the same thing. He recommended a tuip. Transurethral incision of the prostate. He did tell me that it had a 50% chance to cause sterility, and online searches also identified sexual side effects. We we did my cystography, he found a high bladder neck was not the issue, so my search on the tuip ended then.

Not sure what they called mine, but when they took samples for the lab work to determine the kind and spread of the cancer, one result was the analysis of a "rubbery tube" - part of the urethra? So, it got shortened. I have never gotten an answer if that effects/causes-part-of the incontinence. Not sure what difference it would make if I did know, though.
You just don't know what questions to ask, at the time. The cancer nurse helped a lot, but we missed that one. Then the doctors moved on to another hospital.