Hey everyone

Archives1

Staff member
Hey everyone my names david.I have incontinence due to complications from meningitis which resulted to me being diagnosed with a neurological condition called hydrocephalus. I’m not completely incontinent but i do have severe urge incontinence.I started of trying different meds but they all seem to add more trouble than fix the problems i already have so i’ve resorted to absorbant underwear. I found this site and thought it’d be cool to join and talk with people who experience the same issues as me especially being younger theres not that many people you can relate to when dealing with this.

Hi David, I am 37 diagnosed with MS and urinary issues/incontinence episodes are one of the many side issues I get to deal with as a result of MS. I am sorry to hear none of the meds have worked for you. Granted there is nothing wrong with absorbent underwear like you state or as others on this site call diapers. I guess it depends on how severe your incidents are as if major you may find switching to higher end products you will get much superior protection. If you don’t need premium protection don’t switch. Lol.

Welcome aboard here. Many good comments from various members. Hope all works out well for yourself. Curious your age and do the docs offer any possible recovery for you?

Jwh51 said:
Hi David, I am 37 diagnosed with MS and urinary issues/incontinence episodes are one of the many side issues I get to deal with as a result of MS. I am sorry to hear none of the meds have worked for you. Granted there is nothing wrong with absorbent underwear like you state or as others on this site call diapers. I guess it depends on how severe your incidents are as if major you may find switching to higher end products you will get much superior protection. If you don’t need premium protection don’t switch. Lol.

Welcome aboard here. Many good comments from various members. Hope all works out well for yourself. Curious your age and do the docs offer any possible recovery for you?
Jwh51 said:

Hey im 21 almost 22 and as far as all the issues i have now,i was told i’ll most likely stay this way due to the pressure that was on my brain and my head not being able to expand..a lot of technical stuff but i kinda saw that coming.so ive recovered, but i can’t recover from the issues i have now if that makes any sense.and as of now a pull up type protection is all i need in the day i only use a diaper at night.also sorry to hear about your ms.I dont know much about it but i’ve heard the symptoms can be really challenging.and out of curiosity is your incontinence like total or stress or urge or a mix?
Also, i didnt mean to quote you twice i was trying to reply.
Nice to meet you by the way.

My incontinence is a mixture or stress and urge. Glad to hear pull-ups are working well for you. Myself generally pull-ups are good however for travel or anything intense I will wear full briefs. One learns to cope with things overtime. I quickly researched on your condition and still it is bad especially that is was caused by meningitis. Glad to see you have a positive attitude and seem to be handling it well. Hopefully it does recover a bit more then doctors expect just for your sake.

In my case how little is known about MS makes it frustrating to talk with doctors as they don’t really know anything about it. They are just there to treat my symptoms and everyone is so different in how the disease expresses itself. I just go with the flow now. Honestly fatigue is my biggest hindrance currently.

All the best to you and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to post or message me. Cheers

I also have MS and agree fatigue is the worst. I don’t really notice my bladder stuff or care that much about it now, but fatigue is devestating

@Wafflelaffle

Wellcome. Sorry to hear about your issues, but encouraging to hear your positive attitude towards it.

JT

Joining the conversation, I fortunately only have an incontinence issue that I would describe as being at the moderate level. If you haven't considered it, there are external devices on the market that may work for you to control the leakage. Personally, I wasn't thrilled with any of them for mainly comfort and convenience reasons. Forgive me on this, but I then started on a path to develop my own product that is comfortable and convenient. I'll only say at this point that it is made of soft silicone and can be worn all day long. I'll be happy to provide more info, if anyone is interested. Regardless, try to reduce the leakage rather than deal with the leakage is something I suggest you should look into. Best wishes to you. dglisan@comcast.net

Hey there and welcome. You aren't alone! I'm 31 and have OAB and urge incontinence as well as nightly bedwetting. I've been wearing protection full time protection for 2yrs now. I prefer tape on diapers for my needs. My two main brands are Northshore Supremes and Abena L4.