Hey everyone

Archives1

Staff member
Hey all. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Things are pretty calm in dc right now. Hoping it’s not the calm before the storm.

It’s officially been 1 month since my SPC placement. Things are going well. I had one accident today but that’s because I fiddled with my phone charger for too long and waited too long to empty my catheter. It seems to happen from time to time but a Northshore pull-up seems to work just fine. I go for my first catheter change next Wednesday.

So far things are moving along well!

Yayyyyyyyyy! Happy to hear from you!

As time and experience go on, you’ll get more accustomed to when you can/can’t push the boundaries for emptying, then you’ll have even fewer accidents.

Heeeeyyyy you! Our man in DC!
Glad the catheter is working so far. Now go empty that bag! You earned your dignity!!
Stay healthy stay strong! Be good to you.

I was trying very hard not to say something disparaging about D.C., but it has you and good news in it, so something must be right, there! Yea!

Good to hear things have calmed down there, well done getting over it all. I am sure you will learn a new routine for emptying your bag in time. How is the skin doing around the pipe?

Hi @justej, Really good news that things are working out well for you and that you are adjusting to the routine. :D As with anything new this takes a bit of practice and sort of knowing the limits and how and when to react to that. Seems like you're doing that. But I'm glad the procedure has worked out positively for you!
Now as for the being in D.C., yes, you're right in the middle of it for sure! Today I am very nervously awaiting the final results of the key states and hoping for a positive outcome!