Help

Archives1

Staff member
I use to think I was the only one with bed wetting issues until I came along this site. I've been wetting the bed as long as I can remember and I will be 28 this year. If I am to stay over a friends house or girlfriend I will stay up long enough or at least until I think I emptied my bladder which is never the outcome which I why I stop drinking liquids at a certain hour. I don't care how thirsty I am. I'm in the military so we deploy and there are always people around in our sleeping quarters. It is very embarrassing if someone was to find out so I'm always paranoid. There are days when I'm dry and it makes my day alot smoother and then I have and accident. It brings my confidence down to a empty feeling. Low self-esteem not wanting to talk to anyone

Pbrown7 - Welcome! We are so glad you found us! This is a great community with a lot of supportive people so you are in good company. Know that you are definitely not the only one who struggles with this condition - so many people have this problem. Have you spoken with a doctor about it? It is a hard conversation to have sometimes, but it can help you figure out what might be causing this and also give you more options to treat it.

Definitely talk to a doctor about it. But you should also consider premium level overnight protection (diapers) and waterproof bed pads. Some people think these are an admission of defeat. But you owe it to yourself to be properly protected.

Add my welcome to those above. Incontinence is common among humans; there are tens of millions of us in the USA alone. I wish you success in finding management techniques that work for you in your military career.

Have you tried any medication? I would suggest going to an outside Dr. to get checked out if you don't want anything on your medical file.