HELP! In excruciating pain due to UTI. Unable to obtain urine sample for ur

Archives1

Staff member
Hi. My urine comes out in drips and drabs all day and night, I wear pull-ups 24/7, but can't produce sufficient urine for a sample. I drink a lot of water all day long.

but without the sample and urinalysis , dr doesn't know which antibiotic to prescribe, so I am stuck feeling sick.

I appreciate any ideas that you might offer.

Okay,

This is something I did - when I was going through a period where I didn’t want to wear a diaper for my bladder issues. During that time I would use a twin sized cloth pad to lay on as I suffer from nocturnal enuresis episodes but during the day - I found the cup strategy worked.

Take a plastic cup and mount it to your groin - that way you dribble into it and produce enough urine for a sample. It worked for myself as I suffer from sporadic urge incontinence - some days I can hold for 45 minutes to an hour but during ‘flare up’ periods - increased stress, etc; I will get the intense urge every 5 minutes. If I don’t get to the bathroom, I’ll get surges of urination. So it’s easier to just relax the bladder - which is why I would urinate in a 30-40oz cup.

Eventually, I gave in to using diapers during these times - but I isolate myself too when this happens. It’s embarassing and I don’t want to leak in public.

Honeeecombs

@patrusky

GO TO THE ER RIGHT NOW. Call an ambulance if you have to

UTIs can lead to a lot of stuff with the brain that can last for days, weeks, or even months.

The ER will give you fluids and a banana bag to get your system going. They also have antibiotics that are far better than pills And can give you something for the pain.

GO TO THE ER. That is their job no matter what.

Rule #1 for life. If you feel like you might need to go to the ER GO, NOW!

You may have a kink in your urethra. It’s like a kink garden hose that won’t let water out. Excessive urine can back up and damage kidneys. I had three surgeries with this in the past.I highly recommend using a catheter and also seeing a urologist ASAP.

Thank you for your suggesions. i went to the ER. I was catheerized. Iam y taking Nitrofurantoin . I have had xhonic sevee excruiating lower ack pain for almost 2 ys,but ii havent been able to reach the pain mgt dept and . i am suffering. g;ad to know tht you are here.