Hell of a day

Archives1

Staff member
Hi everyone, today i'm just venting because what I thought started out as a good day turned sour. So today I woke up and got prepared to go to work.
Had a good breakfast, took a shower and put on a xp5000 diaper with a onesie that buttons up. About 5 hours into work I finally got a lunch break and went into the restroom to check my diaper and my diaper leaked onto my onesie and was wet at the at the leg openings. I put on my disposable snugly to avoid leaks but I noticed that the front part of the xp5000 was wet but did not swell like normally a diaper does and was not wicking well to the rear. Oh well, so much for trying a new brand. I will definitely be going back to my BetterDrys or abenas. Hope this helps to give an idea of the absorbency they have.

Oooohhhhboy @lifeLifeJr, that's a hell of a way to learn that a new brand of diaper is not at all up to par!!! :( Sucky indeed!! I hope nobody at work noticed. I'm sure you are back to using the tried and true when you're at work, but what a lousy surprise from the fine folks at xp5000!!!! When I try a new brand or new type of pullups I always try it out at home first, making sure I don't have to go anywhere. If it passes the test then I can feel free to wear them when I'm going out. If not, then at least I found out while I was at home!

@billliveshere , tell me about it 😬, I thought they were going to work out but what a major dissapointment. I hope no one noticed, what got really wet on my onesie was the the leg opening elastics and pretty much the bottom where the crotch snaps are. Never again will I buy that brand, its a shame, the outside construction is really good with hook and loop fastening but the absorbent materials inside suck.

That brand of diapers are sold by a lot of online retailers, they are made in China. I'm sticking with either U.S or European made diapers from now on

They are made in China???? That explains a lot!!!! I think you're wise to stick to the American or European brands. SO what are you going to do with the packet of the xp5000? A shame to have blown all that money on it. I'd just take the rest to a local thrift store where they can sell the whole packet for 75 cents! And with a note warning that these are not all they are cracked up to be!!
Sorry you had to go through that! :(

Thanks @billliveshere , I dont have too many left over, about 6 diapers open in my diaper storage hamper. I just going to use the open diapers at home, I just have to change more often. I will definitely be sticking to American and European brands from now on, as they are the best.

Thanks@boasammy, I sure do, that's why I like this forum there are a lot of nice, kind hearted people here to just talk to or vent in this case😁 and also pass on experiences we go through.