Have to use diapers but hard to allow myself to go

Archives1

Staff member
I have to use diapers because I’m in a wheelchair now but after decades of using it toilet, I’m having a tough time letting go. This happens at night and in the daytime. Any tips for letting go? Thanks for your ideas.

No i dont ...my situation is different from yours and my heart goes out to you ...i have stress incontinence with a continues leaking to the point i have to change 3-4 times a day ..but really matters what i am doing the more i do the more i will leak

I think my best advice is probably not to force it out.

that is to say, when you need to go, their comes a time where you just can't hold anymore and just go

I recommend drinking between 2 and 3 litres of fluids a day to keep the urine as neutral as possible. You will notice in time that you will just release easily but it does take time to get used to. Also consider using waterproof underwear or sit on an absorbent pad which will help with any leaks.

Fran all colored fluid is no substitute for water. Drink what drinks out like but consider them a mere calorie (not that counting calories ever got us anywhere!)
Water is what runs our machine you will feel your best the colored stuff is wet edible that needs to be filtered.