Gratitude For Helping a Friend

Archives1

Staff member
Hello All,

So I wanted to take a moment to try to put some positivity into the world; if recent events have taught me anything it's that life is too short and we need to try to lift people up while we can.

One of the people in my life who has done that for me, and who I've tried to do that for in return is a member on the forums here, Honeeecombs. I know him IRL and he has been like a younger brother to me for years, damn near a decade now. When he first started experiencing some of his problems that he posted about here, I tried to be as reassuring as possible. Not having to go through things like this myself, I couldn't truly relate. I have massive problems with anxiety though that have caused things like twitching, spasms, ear ringing, and even spontaneously breaking out in hives.

I tried to use my own experience with odd bodily happenings to relate, but clearly it's not the same. I felt awful that I couldn't do more to help. I did try to tell him though that he wasn't alone and there was no shame at all in having any issues with continence; everyone's body fails them at some point in time and that's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Maybe he took that part about me saying he wasn't alone to heart, because he eventually told me about this website and this forum. It has been a massive help to him in showing him that indeed, he is not alone at all in dealing with continence issues despite his age. Obviously everyone has their own unique journey with things like this but when you have to deal with the side-effects, feelings, and stigma, having that group support helps.

So I wanted to take time to thank all of you who have reached out to him and been that support he needs. Seeing a difference in his personality and attitude lightens my heart tremendously. We all need to be reminded sometimes that we do not have to struggle in a silent vacuum, there is help and there is light in the hearts of others.

I'm the type of person who has a very small circle of friends, so when one of them is struggling, it has a direct impact on my life and my emotions. Before my mother passed away she told me how much it meant to her when she got to meet some of my friends because it reminded her that her son was in good hands of caring people. And extend that same sentiment here; I am glad to know that my surrogate younger brother has been in the hands of good people.

Thank you, bless you all, and stay strong.

GratefulAlly;

Bless you.

"You're heart is true; you're a pal and a confidant. If you threw a party, and invited everyone you knew...you would see the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say..

Thank you for being a friend"

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs