Good news means anxiety for me. Long post.

Archives1

Staff member
Praise God, my dad's colonoscopy came back good and he does not need surgery. He gets polyps every year but in the last test, he had a polyp in a bad area higher in his colon than ever. The doctor felt it was due to diverticulitis and not cancer. Well, the test came back good so now he just has to cut back on some of his favorite snacks or chew a lot more. But It also means that he is at risk for the same issue that I have. Food that does not break down leads to very small pockets of diverticulitis. They then, instead of turning into abscesses can turn into a type of polyp and if you have the gene for that type of cancer then it is not good. Well before I had my surgery they found a very bad polyp that showed pre-cancer cells so now it is a bit more of a worry.

So, A bit of back story. My dad is technically my stepdad but after my father was killed my mom remarried back into my side of the family. So, stepdad is also my second cousin. My great-Grandfather is his grandfather, His dad was my uncle, ECT. Yea I am that big of a hillbilly. HAha.

The thing is, we are from the same bloodline so a lot of stuff that he deals with is stuff I have to watch out for. This Diverticulitis can turn bad really quickly for me because I have had a polyp that was pre-cancer.

Now, the other thing that I have a bit of Anxiety about is now that my dad has a clean bill of health. That means he will be coming back up here to PA for a week to work and then going home for Thanksgiving. That is my cue to go with him and my Nanny. The big thing is that I have not gone anywhere of distance with everything going on with me right now. I want to go because I also will get to see my new nephew but I have a lot of anxiety about the trip.

First is that I always seem to get bound up traveling because I do not drink enough, eat junk, and I am sitting in a truck the whole time.

I got to make sure that does not happen. That means a high chance of having an issue. Also, I may or may not have to drive some so there is that as well.

I had thought about taking the train down but that is a 19-24 hour trip and $200+ round trip

I may be taking the train down for Christmas if I go. Money will be a bit tight and if I can not get a free ride then I do not know if It will happen.

All in, A lot to think about.

Family is the most important thing we have. Glad to hear you will be spending time with your family - However you travel. Enjoy your thanksgiving!
ps: Glad to hear about your dad's clean bill of health!