Good day all.

Archives1

Staff member
Hello new friends. I'm new to NAFC (obviously)and would like to introduce myself. I am Chris. I'm a 57 year old pharmacist. I am uhappily married to my love of 27+ years. We met a church and had a wonderful courtship. We have two grown children in college.

As a child, I wet my bed until well into JR high school and continue to very sporadically. I did not believe I had any pathology just what I described as a golf ball sized bladder. When I finally had urodynamic testing, my golf ball analogy was not far off. My bladder spasms at one-tenth of its capacity. Usually I can hold it but there is always those times. I remember my first public accidents vividly. I was walking back from lunch and no bathroom in sight. Bam! I soaked my front end and even filled my shoes. In line to valet park at a hotel. I had to hide my front side with a backpack and buy dry clothes. At any number of malls. And of course at home. I started with Depends Guards at work to catch leaks. Then cotton underwear with built in guards. I read everything I could find and tried several medications. I retrained my bladder or so I thought. I could write a urology treatise....

Fast forward few years. I watch how much of what I drink, that is when and where, and wear a diaper accordingly. I think of them as underwear and I'm over most of the embarrassment. Early on, I tried condom catheters. They were awful. I hated the tube banging around. So I now wear a diaper at work if there is a chance I cannot get to a toilet in a timely fashion. On trips, at the mall, and at home after my second leak. There are usually more to follow. Speaking of more to follow that is all for now.

Hi CP -

My life has totally changed due to the challenges caused by incontinence. Mine is anal incontinence. Every morning of my life, I get up at 5 a.m. to try to evacuate my bowel. I sit for 15 minutes. Go to the computer for 10 to 15 minutes... return to sit for another 15 minutes. It works. By 8 o'clock or 9'00 o'clock, I am empty. That means that I can go out and around . Poop incidents happen without my knowing ! Big problem. So I have to empty early in the morning. I am always protected by Depends; 24/7.

This is my story. I am at peace with it. I think that I am in control. By the way... I am 75 years old and a female.

My prayers for all readers out there !! Hang tough !!

I,am a 70+ male and due to being a diabetic have been confined to diapers to keep my wife dry and happy.I wet a lot which hurts the male ego a lot.

Hi my name is Len Brown I am 81 years old. I writing on behalf of my niece. Does anyone have experience relating to bladder problems arising from a med drug prescription. I would be interested to hear of that experience. Many thanks!