Golfing with incontinence

I wear a pad. Unless I really exert myself, I leak a bit. Tennis is another story, much more leakage. I fell on the clay over the Winter and it was like a water bottle exploding.....not good.

I normally double up. Underwear with pad and diaper. I can tell I leak a lot as I walk 18 holes but with this combination I don’t wet out. My shorts are mostly dry

Finally a topic to which I can respond. I'm a little over a year post RP. I am 99% dry with minor stress leakage when I cough, sneeze, or have an unexpected stress event like lifting something heavy or swinging a golf club with vigor. I wear a heavier than normal pad and carry a spare in my bag in case I feel a need to refresh at the turn. Depending on your state of recovery and amount of leakage you may need more protection than what I describe. Remember to drive for show and putt for dough.

You might try doing core exercises, it will help your golf game as well as perhaps keeping you from leaking because the mussels are stronger and this will reduce the internal stress and cause of the leakage.

It worked for me.

DarrellM said:
You might try doing core exercises, it will help your golf game as well as perhaps keeping you from leaking because the mussels are stronger and this will reduce the internal stress and cause of the leakage.

It worked for me.

Mussels are very strong in numbers! Hahahaha; someone likes seafood eh? Me too!

But anyhow; I should be doing kegals myself - but Im very lazy about doing them. I just don't get in the habit of doing them ritually - plus, I don't think my that kegaling will help with the spasms that I suffer from. This reminds me of being out on the driving range a couple years ago where I met some fellow people who were around my age would just hang out and hit balls watching them fade into the distance seeing if we could out do our last shot or beat each other's distance.

I never thought about doing core exercises to help strengthen bladder muscle and tone. Do you think losing weight in that area will help muscular bladder spasms? Nice to meet you by the way DarrelM.

Blessing In Christ,
Honeeecombs

I'm 10 weeks since RP. I played 18 holes last week. Wore a Depends with a Tena pad inside. Rode on a cart, and changed my Tena every 6 holes. Brought Doggie poo bags to put them in the garbage with. Far from ideal, but enjoyed being out with the boys.

Fontoban said:
I'm 10 weeks since RP. I played 18 holes last week. Wore a Depends with a Tena pad inside. Rode on a cart, and changed my Tena every 6 holes. Brought Doggie poo bags to put them in the garbage with. Far from ideal, but enjoyed being out with the boys.

Does Tena sell masculine pads In stores? If you are willing to wear Depend products which are typically purchased over the counter - I would recommend there gaurd or shield products to change (whichever is the most absorbable). That way you are not having to deal with purchasing in store and online.

Also, might save you shipping if you buy Tena underwear online wherever you get your pads from.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Great topic, I am several years post surgery and still have significant continence issues. Golf is one of my regular activities and I have found a couple of things that work for me. I wear a Depends pull-up either the Night Defense or Real Fit with a Depends Guard. I change the guard every few holes. If I am having a bad day or series of bad days I will double up on the pull ups. This allows me to discard the inner pair at the turn from hole 9 to 10. The other thing I found most recently is to buy the next size smaller pull up. The size ranges are significantly wide. I normally buy the larger size for most activities. However, the smaller size is snugger and thus works better when I am doing something active like golf.

I started golfing about 3 months after surgery. I wore a maxi pad and replaced it after 9 holes. Now I wear a mini pad for the whole 18 holes. I wasn't going to let incontinence interfere with golf.