Getting over it.

Archives1

Staff member
It amazing me every day how much things effect our psylogical side. The last meals I had before getting sick in 2018 was egg salad sandwichs last year when I tried to get back to eating them I had to throw them out because I was gagging on them. It was like a PTSD moment. This week I have been able to enjoy them again and it is weird that at first I had to not pay attention to them. Now tonight it doesn't seem to bother me at all. Crazy.

I've only just learned to enjoy egg salad. I can't tolerate onion in it, though diced apple is very nice. What goes into yours?

It's good that you have taken this step and realized that it probably wasn't an egg salad sandwich that actually made you sick but it was something completely different.
Reading between the lines it seems you enjoyed egg salad sandwiches and you are rediscovering how pleasing they are to you. Keep up the good work!!!!

I am having that problem now. I've been taking a long course of antibiotics since my surgeries, and even with probiotics, the only thing I want to eat is very simple food like crackers. Everything else makes me sick to my stomach.

I think that your body saw the egg salad sandwiches as poison because you ate them and got sick. It makes sense not to eat things that are poisonous. I'm glad for you that you can eat and enjoy them again!