Gabapentin

Archives1

Staff member
My urology team has suggested Gabapentin several times. For my bladder terrible spasms. But I fear it might make other things worse. Anyone else use it, or have used it?
Boom

Hi @boomersway;

Prior to my Section 241 Title 18 incident I was wrongfully prescribed the medicine Gabapentin by a doctor who said it would help with PTSD - it ended up being far worse for myself and I wouldn't recommend it due to the psychological side effects. I had stopped taking it for around 6 months prior to an event that is still personally trying to get resolved (I'm a victim of Police negligence) - but in regards to Gabapentin; @Plasticpants4me (what a name lol) has stated - people do use it for Diabetes and nerve pain.

I'm not 100% sure why I was prescribed that medicine - but it had little to no affect on my bladder issues. It may have helped the pain from the spasms but we're going on almost two years now - so I can't remember.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

I've heard that it can have good effects and bad on incontinence, but I've never heard anyone saying it 'really worked well for me...' only that it didn't do much good for this. I think it is mainly used for nerve pain, isn't it?

@Boomersway Hi Boomersway. My husband is a right leg below the knee amputee is prescribed Gabapentin for phantom pain. Sometimes it works better than others.

As we know we all react differently to meds, but this one almost killed me! Sent me into narcoleptic blackouts. At one point I went into convulsions and ended up drowning in my own dinner as my stomachs blew that hot curry I had just eaten directly into my lungs causing extensive acid burns of the lung tissue from which I’ve not recovered in almost 3 years. On a good day I can pull 97 on blood ox, should be and always was 100….
My nephew had similar outcome, but ended up knocking his front teeth out while convulsing on the floor in the middle of the night. Given to him for a torn shoulder.
Much of its history has been redacted from the “Light Web” saying it was developed in the ‘80’s I think. Reality is it was developed after WW 1, for soldiers returning with shell shock or PTSD as we call it now. The Defense Department ended its use when the suicide rate jumped astronomically after 30 days….
It was brought back to fight the “Opiate Epidemic”, can’t stop their pain let them die from this, then it doesn’t record as an opiate overdose…BRILLIANT…

I'm on gabapentin for migraines and a seizure disorder. Been on it for over a year with no noticable side effects.

I’ve taken Gabapentin for seven years for sleep. It helps, but not like Ambien helps. I don’t experience any pain nor deep relaxation relief like others in my family do. It can cause dramatic teeth rot, which it has done to me. I’ve spent $20,000 just in copays(!!!) on getting my teeth fixed after what Gabapentin and Oxybutynin did to my teeth. But I think you should try it if it can help you with pain. It can help you go back to sleep if you have nocturnal enuresis like I do.

By the way, my aunt and cousin who take it are diabetic and have severe back and neck pain. They take 600mg and it helps them fall asleep with less pain. I take 2400mg but am prescribed 3200mg.