Future wetting and incontinence

Archives1

Staff member
Recently placed on Finaseride to shrink big prostate, continuing on Flomax. Following bladder stone removal (laser fracturing) Dr. recommending lasering of prostate. Not against procedure, Dr. feels this procedure is best for me. My biggest concern is incontinence following procedure. Are there others that have had laser procedure on this message board? Would appreciate hearing of your experience>
TThanks.

Hi @Crum216;

Welcome to the NAFC - just wanted to give you a warm welcome and hello and say you are not alone.

In regards to (I believe Green Light) Laser Surgery if I'm not mistaken - there are high success rates. I don't have prostate issues myself- but alas, I am positive a user will chime in with there experience.

You are amongst friends here -

Honeeecombs

@Crum216

I have had many kidney stone surgeries and other procedures for BPH. I also take Tamsulosin/Flomax.

I suggest you look into having a "REZUM" procedure. (You can look it up online.)

No lasers involved, and for me, it was quick and easy. It uses a small steam injection. For me, it was 2 shots of steam. Recovery was relatively painless. Be sure to demand general anesthesia. That makes everything painless.

Ask your surgeon if he has experience doing "REZUM". If not, find a surgeon that does.

crum216

I had a HoLep done in June of 21 and after 2 meds and hundreds of keagles
I'm still leaking 17 months later. Only go through 2 Attends a day so not a big leak
But, still going on.. Be carful of your surgeon and reasearch their procedours

Hi! I recommend using QueSoft continence products. They're much thinner, cheaper and discreet, they don't even feel like you've got them on. You can order through their website at quesoft.com.au.

@Mm222.
Flagged and reported to Moderators.

Same exact post on about a dozen threads? Obviously pushing advertising.