Frustrated buying diapers

Archives1

Staff member
Every time i have to buy diapers i start feeling incredibly frustrated. I have problems with bedwetting and occasional days where my bladder decides to spasm like crazy and have to wear diapers during the day, but most of the time I am diaper free during the day time. My Doc thinks that it is somehow related to me having Mild Cerebral Palsy and the fun muscle spasms that come along with that. I'v come to the point i am okay having to wear diapers day or not, and I don't give a damn if anyone finds out. I know some of my co-workers have noticed but haven't said anything about the diapers, based on supportive comments they have mentioned about my health.

Okay on to my frustrations. My insurance does not cover diapers at all, so i have to figure out how to pay for my diapers out of pocket. every time i am close to running out i find myself scouring the internet to find deals and discounts. sometimes spending hours looking at different websites to find deals. I have a single income family and i am trying to support my son and my Wife, he struggles with mental health challenges. Social security has been unwilling to help her out. I try to stretch out my income as much as possible, but can't provide everything for my family that i would like.

What it comes down to, for me, is it that it seems like the selection of diapers out there is limited. I have the choice between buying a Chevy Nova (which gets me where i need to go, but doesn't always work) or a ferrari (which has way more performance then i need and a heavy price tag). I have to spend time debating ATN's which i get for around .80 each or premium diapers which i can get for $1.40. I have not been able to find a diaper that has a middle ground in performance and price. I don't like cloth backed because they lose their fit overnight, even while using abena fitting pants. I've tried cloth before, but my home is not really big enough to accommodate it without bugging my wife too much.

I seem to be stuck between spending too much money or not having a good diaper, or leaking.
Thanks everyone for dealing with my venting. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions they are appreciated.

Look for specific brands on eBay and sort by the highest price first. Sometimes you can find bulk deals. I found 4 cases of Molicare Super Plus Medium for $224. Happy hunting!

I have the same problems. So I go to thrift stores and can sometimes find them. However.Walgreens has an overnight diaper called Certainty that are good. They are presently ok sale. Buy one 16count and 50% off the 2nd one.
I have also called the Dept. Of Aging and Disability for help. They sent ne 4 cases free. Hiwever, they can only provide this 1st per year.

You could also try a local diaper bank. Check with Assisted Living Housing in your area and see if they can recommend one. Aside from that, thrift stores and Craigslist are good places to check.

I got tired of the high prices. I now use Sam's Club briefs.
They are not underwear, but diaper-like briefs. I only need them at night so I can't say how they look under clothing. But they are more absorbent than anything else I've tried. What they saved me in one month paid for my club membership. They offer free delivery too. I highly recommend them.

Depends, Poise, Certainty, Tena. No comparison. Read the reviews on Sam's Club website. They are what convinced me to give them a try.