FR Clothing and Diapers

Archives1

Staff member
I work in the wind industry working on wind turbines and in substations. We are required to wear FR (Flame resistant) clothing. In a lot of our training they talk about the type of undwewear that you wear being really important because even under the FR clothing, underwear can melt. So where does that leave us huys that wear diapers? Im surprised ive never found this topic brought up before anywhere on the internet at all. Any thoughts or anyone else in the same situation?

I’m a firefighter and we don’t wear FR’s. But we’re wearing bulky turnout gear and not routinely dealing with high voltage electricity.

Yeah they specifically mention arc flash and arc blasts. The FR will protect you but any underwear could melt and our company specifically is mentioning wearing the right kind of underwear. I can't really change the type of underwear that I wear so I just tell them yes that i have the right kind of underwear on.

I would say to frankly talk to them about it. Would rather have an embarrassing conversation than find out the wrong way