Found my way to the new forum, Hi, I'm JT

JT88

Hi all I'm JT.

JT is not the name that I go by every day, but it is the initials for my first and last name. I didn't want to use my real name because, well it's kind of embarrassing to be talking about incontinence issues. I was a member on the old forum so hi to my old friends.

As a matter of introduction (reintroduction to old member), I'm M/early 50's/ live in the southeast of the US. My incontinence issue is with nocturnal enuresis, aka bedwetting :oops: I like to say I have enuresis or that I am enuretic, cause unless you are in the club you have on idea what I am talking about 😜

Thankfully it is an occasional thing and not happening nightly or even weekly, just ever so often. Normal triggers like over tired or stress can increase the chances of a wet night, but most of the time it sis totally random as to when or why it happens.

So yeah, that's my intro and re-intro to old members. Glad to be here and looking forward to seeing the old members rejoin and new members too.

JT

I agree, the randomness can be the most difficult part. I struggled with bedwetting as a kid thru teen years. Then it mostly subsided, but I'd have very occasional and very random wettings. Sometimes I'd go a few years or more.

Then once I developed an enlarged prostate, I was waking up every hour to try to avoid wetting.

Eventually I started wearing a diaper at night and even though I rarely wet it, it did allow me to sleep thru the night.

But those days are long past, my nighttime diaper earns it's keep every night now. But it's nice to wake up in a dry bed.

Thanks for the intro!

Nocturnal enuresis in my experience can be even more difficult to talk about than daytime incontinence.

Even after I'd been to several urology appointments, wearing a diaper, I don't think I ever told the doc I wet the bed. Seems silly now, but esp for those of us who were shamed as adolescents for bedwetting it can be hard to talk about.

I agree, the randomness can be the most difficult part. I struggled with bedwetting as a kid thru teen years. Then it mostly subsided, but I'd have very occasional and very random wettings. Sometimes I'd go a few years or more.

Then once I developed an enlarged prostate, I was waking up every hour to try to avoid wetting.

Eventually I started wearing a diaper at night and even though I rarely wet it, it did allow me to sleep thru the night.

But those days are long past, my nighttime diaper earns it's keep every night now. But it's nice to wake up in a dry bed.

Thanks for the intro!

Nocturnal enuresis in my experience can be even more difficult to talk about than daytime incontinence.

Even after I'd been to several urology appointments, wearing a diaper, I don't think I ever told the doc I wet the bed. Seems silly now, but esp for those of us who were shamed as adolescents for bedwetting it can be hard to talk about.
I feel the same, the shame from my bedwetting as a teen is burning, even after more than 40 years. I was blamed for it - but couldn’t help it…