Flomax for active adult men with neurogenic bladder disorder.

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone with neurogenic bladder disorder resolved their abdominal/overflow pain by using Flomax?

I have read some of the adverse side effects for men, but was wondering how common they are for patients.

i was prescribed both flomax and bethanicol neither of them together or indiovidualy done anything for me
i have moderate to very severe neurogenic bladder with periodic bouts of floodgate openings.
i self cath 6 or moretimes a day. my urologist thinks the multiple spinal issues i have are causing the neurogenic bladder as i do have pinched nerves in my back and my spinalcord is being pinched/compressed and nerve damage in a few places along my spine that where found via emg testing.

@Doug,

You are absolutely right about the danger of Flomax. I have been taking the generic, tamsulosin.

I need a cataract surgery myself, but I am afraid of this risk! I have the name of a good surgeon that knows how to compensate for this risk, but since I only have one eye, I am putting it off for now.

I am still at the what the heck version of my journey. No answers but neurogenic has been thrown around. Flomax does help keep me from locking up.