Finally Comfortable with needing day time protection.

Archives1

Staff member
Its been almost 2yrs now since my IC got to the point that I started wearing diapers during the day, so now I'm nearly a 24/7 wearer. And finally...I'm COMPLETELY OK with it.

At first it was embarrassing and humiliating, being 30 and having little to no control over my bladder, to the point that diapers became necessary. It was bad enough being a bedwetter. I struggled with my new reality and had a brief depression from it as well.

But slowly things got better and incorporating diapers into daily life got easier and easier until finally it just became another part of my day. I'm at the point now that wearing a diaper is no different than regular underwear. I rarely even think about it anymore. There are times though, after an accident or even while I'm wetting that I feel like everybody knows. But I just relax and remember that I'm wearing a diaper and NOBODY knows what is going on.

Anyways, I'm just feeling really good about my situation finally, and wanted to share with folks who can understand. Being comfortable and accepting the situation is a big thing lol.

Thanks for reading.

You are not alone and it's more commonly known for people to wear diapers than you know so its okay to wear a diaper ... Diapers are so comfortable to me I think LOL

thank you for sharing your good news with us. acceptance is huge!!! i'm very happy for you. congratulations!

I’m glad you have accepted it. My OAB has been very well controlled for a few months and while I really am greatful to have control I often fear that I will not make it in time and as it turns out the fear of a looming reoccursnce is almost as bad as the self consciousness of wearing a diaper.

I always told myself it was no different than someone needing a knee brace or a pair of glasses but I couldn’t accept it in the time I needed it. I’m glad you found a way.

Diapers are your friends, think of it that way they're a gift not a curse and you guys are no different than anyone else even babies wear diapers but no biggie!

You guys I have been wearing diapers off and on since I was 13 to 17 years old and I think you should feel privileged to wear diapers and I been wearing diapers full time since February 2017 of last year and diapers are very comfortable and diapers are your closest and most private friends and it is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about and it's more common than you think.

Thank you all for the support and responses!

I've finally realized that I'm no different than anyone else and NOT less of a man than my peers...that was a big one for me in the beginning. I constantly felt emasculated and like I was a lesser man than those around me. But not so! Lots of guys wear boxers and plenty wear briefs, and the briefs guys aren't less manly than the boxers guys. They just wear what is comfortable to them. Same goes for me...I just wear what is practical for me. So what if that happens to be a diaper?

My two closest friends know about my issues and that I wear diapers...and its NO BIG DEAL to them. They accept me for who I am and dont judge me for it. Its rarely even a topic with them. At the very most, if I'm out with either of them, they'll gently tell me my diaper is showing so I can cover it and not be embarrassed.

That's good that you are starting to realize that you are a special child of God! And that people except you for who you are and I am one of those people who except you for who you are!

Hello Newbie2this, You say-"My OAB has been very well controlled
for a few months, etc."

I have had OAB since Dec. 2017. IMO it is Madness to have my bladder
"Void" itself 24X7. Been wearing 2-3 pads daily and adult diapers
same. I have to go into bathroom every 30 minutes to wipe off the
wet Man Pad and wipe my pubic area. This is Demoralizing, Demeaning, and Stressful to me. I also have Urge Incontinence as well. I have
wetness constantly. This wetness is not H2O it is P20.

Pray tell "HOW" have you managed to keep your OAB
very well controlled?

Thank You

Scorpioman I suggest that you can find a certified nurse's assistant to help you change your diapers... They can do that through home health and personal care agencies and if you have a skilled need it can help! And if you have no skilled needs you can find non skilled agencies that are home health and personal care but you have to have Medicaid and a doctor's order and notes from your doctor saying what you need done and you have to have the doctor's order and notes faxed into the home health and personal care agency in order for the agency to except you and then the certified nurse's assistant CNA can come into your home bathe you dress you and change your diapers cook for you and clean your home that's what they'll do to help you!

Scorpio, as Bee said - first I would talk to someone like a nurse to figure out what type of diaper you should use. If you have UI you should probably wear a fitted breif diaper at all times and not just a pad. The first thing to do is make sure your hygiene is good and that means I’m your case as described wearing a properly fitted adult diaper at all times. A properly sized and fitted diaper of the correct absorbency level should last you sevral hours. If you use a thick diaper with a booster you may well be able to go thru a workday without needing a diaper change.

As to how my oab is under control that’s the result of pelvic floor thearapy. It’s still not perfect. I go to the restroom frequently and sometimes lose a couple drops on the way but I’m definitely not fully incontinent any more as I was.

unfortunately we cannot turn back the clock. bedwetting was close to torture growing up and throughout teenage years. doctors discussions were totally embarrassing and hearing them tell me this too will pass! struggling with sporatic daytime wetting and rushing to bathrooms 15+ times a day. I probably went too long in not going to a urologist for a complete evaluation. my neurogenic bladder was diagnosed, probably from birth, and was told my bladder reacts more or less like an infant. I've been 24/7 for 12 years now and only wish I felt like this years ago. I never give it a second thought and like many of you its just like underwear. I have the benefit of never getting any rashes or irritation from being wet. of course I push the limit of my diaper capacity too often but that's just my fault. today I don't care at all about my diapers and am very casual about dr. visits and physicals. early on I worried about people being able to tell I had a diaper on but realized that was just a paranoid feeling as no one ever knows. I have shared it with a few friends when I am going to be in a situation like sharing a room or showering and dressing at my health club. I have never had a negative reaction from anyone.

Thanks for your post Boo.I,ve had this problem for yrs and finally gave into diapers after dr said you are a diabetic.The diapers are just like my glasses have to have them to get around.