FemSoft urethral inserts

Archives1

Staff member
Does anyone have any experience with FemSoft urethral inserts for stress urinary incontinence in women? I had heard they were discontinued but was curious if anyone still uses them or had used used them and could provide some feedback on how they liked or didn't like them. Thanks!

No, I would never stick stuff up my urethra because every time you do you’re 1) scarring your urethra and 2) introducing bacteria in your urethra so you’d have a constant UTI. Diapers are the best way to go.

It was probably about 10 yrs ago my partner who happens to be a doctor was using the FemSoft inserts . After a few months awkwardness she found them quite easy to use and helped manage her stress IC . She didn’t experience a UTI but I understand Snows comment . I don’t believe FemSoft are available today . There is a male equivalent being successfully used in Canada called Contino . I have made enquiries about it but as yet is not available in my country .

snow said:
No, I would never stick stuff up my urethra because every time you do you’re 1) scarring your urethra and 2) introducing bacteria in your urethra so you’d have a constant UTI. Diapers are the best way to go.

Can you help me understand the barriers to this treatment a little better?

Which conditions would make it more likely for you to consider such a treatment?
1) less trauma to urethra
2) decreased number of insertions needed (once a day, once a week, once a month.....)
3) less risk of UTI

Are there any benefits that would outweigh the risks of such a device that would make you consider such a product? (return to normal bladder functioning without need for pads, for example)

Jstrutt

Your questions seem peculiar and a little suspicious. If you are a researcher or an inventor of medical products it might be better if you were to identify your position and the reason for your interest. This forum is extremely genuine in its quest for authenticity and confidence amongst its members which in turn enables all of us to be free to share with that same confidence our medical history and medical challengers. We are made up of people, some with extremely serious medical conditions and other people like me that manage urge and stress incontinence everyday with seems minor compared to many others on this Forum.

The product you mention hasn’t been available for some 10 yrs. I only know about it because my partner used this appliance quite successfully for a period of 12 months until it was removed from the market. There is a male equivalent offered in Canada and I believe a female appliance being developed by that company. There is much information about it on their web site that may assist you. Video testimonials on the web site suggests it is a successful product with no apparent downsides.

Please be authentic with your presence.