Experiences with compression clothing and incontinence products

Archives1

Staff member
So, to take a discussion off the ‘share you tips’ pinned post.

What are tour experiences with compression garments for socially hiding incontinence products?

For instance, compression shorts, onesies, suspenders, sports underwear, or possibly ratchet straps.

Please, experiences are unique, be respectful to others.

For me, tight fitting undergarments for the sake of making diapers, or absorbent underwear less fashionable can add to my pelvic and bladder pain. Likewise, tight fitting, stretch, onesies used to gracefully lift and shape my rear padding puts strain on my already sore cervical and shoulders.

I have to admit while I own many ratchet straps for securing heavy loads, using them for fashion incognito didn’t make the cut. Nevertheless, visual humor.

I have 5 pair of underwear that are rated to hold 90ml liquid. I'm a nurse and wearing for work. Have no problems other then the pad part causes a little more sweat then going with regular underwear.

@PatRnFl That is a good reusable option for folks to consider. The combination with the builtin pad creates a good primary or backup to an insertable for others to try.

Having tried a brand of underwear, I would add that the pad and waterproofing should extend front to back. My underwear choice was front focused (like a shield) which, for sitting was problematic.

I think it depends on what kind of continence problem you are suffering and what kind of aids you are using. In general, I would say that underpants that compress are only useful for stress and droplet incontinence.

If you lose large amounts at once, there is a greater risk of leakage because the wetness is often not distributed quickly enough when the aid is pressed too strongly against the body.

MichaelDahlke said:
there is a greater risk of leakage because the wetness is often not distributed quickly enough when the aid is pressed too strongly against the body.

True. A factor that should be part of your calculus for choosing a product. Stress incontinence or recovery are such cases. If you sporadically/continuously drip, a pad with compression approach maybe something to consider.