Ever thought you peed but didn’t?

Archives1

Staff member
I’m sitting here in my cubicle and thought I just wet my self. I grabbed a diaper and headed to the bathroom only to find that I was completely dry.

@Spaz hi there, I get lots of bladder spasms, usually they result in a leak, but as you describe, occasionally nothing comes out. The human body can do very strange things? Cheers Phil

I’ve had times when I’ve wet and don’t know it but this one was new. I felt the warmth and the feeling of leaking and all, but there was nothing. Bladder spasms are crazy.

Another member, pbj32, posted a comment about interstitial bladder cystitis on ronleroy new member thread.
It was late at night i have only skimmed one article via Google but it sounds like something a number of us might have.
The symptoms mimic a urinary tract infection which one symptom is the urge to pee but nothing happens

Yes it happens to me as well but the other way too. Sometimes I check my nappy and I am wet without knowing I have pee'd at al.

I have woken up in the middle of the night certain that I had wet, but been totally dry in the morning. Phantom bedwetting for sure!

lorumipsum said:
I have woken up in the middle of the night certain that I had wet, but been totally dry in the morning. Phantom bedwetting for sure!
I wish !! I haven't woke up dry in years.

@lorumipsum @Stevewet @jrpoorman it is interesting how different the symptoms of OAB are for different people? I can barely manage to stay dry for an hour during the day, but will often wake up dry, although I often get woken at night and use a catheter, maybe I would be wet in the morning if my brain didn't know about the catheters? I guess that life would be dull if we were all the same? Cheers Phil

Hi Phil,
You are right. I just take what what I can get. I have a pretty workable solution for now so I’m happy. 😊

Happy we have NAFC and these groups. Nice to be able to talk with other folks who experience similar body issues☺️

@physlink not kidding there! The human body is odd. I find it interesting how many ways my symptoms do or not affect me on a daily basis. I dont wake up dry often, but on days that I do, I can't figure out what is different!

sport said:
I have spasms a lot and due to functional incontinence also can't make it often.
If I do feel the need to pe which is rare now. I have only seonds before I start peeing uncontrollably in to my nappy.