ER, visit yesterday. Something new.

ThatFLGuy

I woke up yesterday at 4:30 am with a lot of stomach pain. 3-3:30 am is normally when my Merilax kicks in, and I have to make the mad dash to try to make it to the bathroom. My bowels are like a toddler potty training 99% of the time.
I felt a bit better after, so I figured it was just the meds and my bowels not liking me.
Well, by 10am, it was worse. I ended up calling my Mom and letting her know that I might have to go to the ER. (Parents are in town) She asked if I needed her to take me or if I was going to call the ambulance. I did not feel bad enough to not just drive myself. I drank my coffee and, took my normal pills, and waited to see if adding liquids would help me feel better.
By 11, I was back on the phone and then out the door to the ER right after.

Blood work showed I was/had been fighting an infection.
The CT they did showed some crazy stuff but not enough for them to keep me.
CT showed Mild Hydronephrosis and hydroureter and calcifications in my prostate.

This has never happened before. ER wants me to follow up with PCP and have them decide what to do next.

Getting a call out to PCP in the morning tomorrow about all of this.

So, The biggest issue/fear with this new thing is that the pain has not gone away. Most mornings, I wake up feeling like someone kicked me in my left kidney. It gets better some throughout the day but is like a rollercoaster up and down.

I filled my mom in more today. She and my dad leave Monday to go on their annual anniversary trip. They are going to wait till after my appointment to leave town, just in case.

The ER did not treat this like it was a huge issue, but things are not okay with this.

I am going to push the doctor's office to get to the bottom of this Monday.

So I ended up getting a PSA test and ultrasound.

The PSA was normal, I do have to have test done more regularly now.

Waiting on the ultrasound results.

The issue with my prostate is due to my pelvic floor dysfunction. I might have to get my prostate out early in life but not right now.

The big issue is that my bladder has dropped or distended down. Might need some type of sling surgery. Have to wait tell the Ultrasound comes back.

Then I will have to see GI and surgery for what to do if this doesn't go away.

It was a long day. Doctor set up the Ultrasound for 30 minutes after the appointment with her so I had to rush to get to one of the main hospitals and then wait.