email notices contain full texts

Archives1

Staff member
Is it just me? The text notices of new threads now often contain the whole texts and all the full replies. Yet others require logging in, as it used to be, where the log-in page announces it is a "private" forum. Is this a deliberate change? Not sure everyone here signed up to go Public. There are such things as shared computers, whether the Library or your spouse or your kids.

Sometimes I get the full text of a comment upon an existing thread, but I have to log on to get the rest of the thread. This is unpredictable.

i do email on my phone.
it decided to toss a couple things i do regularly (my dog rescue applications and this forum) into my spam some months ago with no reason or warning.
i now go to my spam to find this forum then click view the thread and the whole thread pops up.
i am in outlook for email address.
its like incontinence, just another life hurdle to navigate around!

Most of the time I get the full post I'm being notified about (that is only the one being posted at the time). Mostly I see this on my phone. I'll have to check if it's elwhere too.

MayMay941 and Petejc just made my day. I wasn't signed in and got most of the thread "in plain english" I'll check my spam folder. Oh, i don't have a smart phone, i have a dumb-bphoe, so i check with my computer. I've had the "computer changed the particular email to the spam folder" thing happened. You made my day! "It's like incontinence..." and ""Accidents will happen"! I do not leave this from "open". The only time i don't log out is when i have more than one message/notice, then i log out when I've dealt with those.

I just get the emails on my computer where I answer or make comments. It is too hard on my neck to use a device where I look down. I try to look straight as possible. Blessings-Barb

Barb, you made me smile. I thought of the Oscar Wilde quote,"We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars!"

THANKS Maymay941, it is good to laugh-we need to, otherwise it is too hard to live. Blessings Happy New Year.