Duloxetine aka cymbalta

Archives1

Staff member
Just curious if anyone else is on this medication. Just a bit of background is I was diagnosed with relapse remitting multiple sclerosis at the end of 2016. As a result suffered from a major depressive disorder and eventually my psychiatrist and I landed on duloxetine which has helped me immensely.

I just never realized that this medication can result in some people with residual urine in their bladders and or may result in additional bladder problems and or irritants.

Guaranteed my major bladder problems are as a result of nerved damage due to a major ms attack to which my neurologist said that the nerve is slowly dying from the damage and that would be able to explain the increased symptoms even though my mri’s come back clean with no active lesions.

Just curious if anyone else on this forum has similar issues from being on this medication.

I noted that on another page there was discussion of adhd and possible connection to bladder problems. I do have adhd and am on vyvanse currently; however have taken concerta previously and I am not sure if there is a connection to my bladder problems. Granted I started taking meds after I was diagnosed with my RR MS as I just wanted to reduce the stress load I was under and by any chance if taking adhd meds would help I was game. Fortunately I am very lucky in that my body likes prescription medication as I am currently on 12 different prescriptions daily with minimal side effects at age 40. Yay for that, lol have to see the positive in certain things lol 😂

Cheers

Jason

Jasón, i take a large dose of Cymbalta (90mg) and have for many years. It helps with my depression immensely and I never thought it had an effect on my incontinence. Of course, meds affect people differently.

It's a double pronged pitch fork an medication it seems.
The choice of depression or the depressing incontinence.

Fortunately you are handling the whole haystack with grace and humor as you wield your pitchfork Jason.
Glad you dropped a line here to say hi also