Don't understand how the Depends Fit Flex would work.

Archives1

Staff member
They're like regular underwear, so after a wetting you'd have to take your trousers completely off in order to put a new pair on. I wonder how many wettings they are good for.

If they are like the pull ups I have tried, they will only cope with a few small leaks. I get full bladder loss and have found that pull ups don't cope very well, Phil

I am female and use them. I don’t usually leak large amounts, so they have been ok for me. Sometimes I put a pad or liner in them for extra protection and/or if I don’t want to have to undress is a public place to change. The reason I use them is they come in a true size small and are very discreet, as I am a young, fully mobile and active mom of three boys. There weren’t many options small enough for me that didn’t look/sound like they were made for special needs youth.

I thought I was one of the only ones who used insets inside the pull-up underwear. Has saved allot of embarrassment at work.

Everyone of us has different needs. I fly several times a year and put as many as three insert pads in my Depends. After several hours, I merely take off an insert and am good for another three hours. Even though this works for me, as I said, we all have different needs.

@baton999 at that point you’re better off buying a more expensive brief/pull up and not having to worry.

Tried several, but none lasted 6-7 hours. Also, changing in even first class on today’s airplanes is totally prohibitive.

Don't most pull up style products have a seam on the side designed to rip open for changes? I have no experience with this style of Depends, but I didn't care for their other model.

@Squander yes, the pull ups are easy to take off because of the tearable sides, but to put another pair on, the trousers have to come off. The few times I have used pull ups, I have replaced them with a regular tape up brief so I can keep my trousers on, Phil

I work at a large public university and there are only shared hallway stall restrooms. Its not fun taking my shoes and pants off in there to change. Especially in winter when the floor is slushy and salty. Pads by themselves leaked for me, but the Depends did not. Thats when I started putting pads or liners in the Depends, so i can change just those during the day at work.

Did anyone ever wonder why the manufacturers don’t make one with the Velcro tabs on the side for redressing? Depend used to have one that was a pull-up and could also be opened and had Velcro type tabs to recasted. Guess they never had to actually use what they sell. Bet that would make a huge difference in functionality for everyone.

Most of the time, restrooms are adequate for changing. The difficulty comes in those situations with either tiny bathrooms or, the worst, on planes. Changing a liner is definitely easier than a whole diaper. However, as I've always said, we're all different in our needs. One size, one style, one type of accommodation doesn't fit everyone. It's a matter of trial and error, and finding out what works best for you in your life-style. And accepting it, and get on with living.

@jrpoorman YES! My limited experience with tabbed products is that the tabs rip, are very noisy and don't reseal as much as claimed.

I think Prevail brand might have something like this, at least they were pretty vague on the description of their tabs and called them non-sticky. I have some samples on order so we shall see.

I suppose tape is cheaper, but these things are such a pain anyway, little things like velcro help.