Does the cold weather make you wet more often

Archives1

Staff member
I have noticed the now it’s colder out I have had to change more often using around 4 more diapers a day just started when the temperature dropped

Yeah! For most of the spring and summer I’ve been able to go weeks or even a couple months with no leaks. The past 10 days it’s gotten cooler and I’ve had to go back to wearing diapers most if not all the time. Thought I was out of the woods. Oh well.

@Newbie2this me too just when I thought I was getting better not using so many diapers im back to using more of them.

Oh for sure. I even get much wetter overnight. causing more leaks and sheet laundering during cold weather. Daytimes are similar.

Interesting; I’ve never noticed this in myself; I’ll have to pay attention. Winter is definitely here in Salt Lake; first snow and hard freeze over the weekend. One thing that may make one wet more during the winter is that having dry heat on in your environment(s) definitely makes you more thirsty. You may drink more in the dry winter and thus wet more.

I would say so - it was something that happened as a kid when exposed to the cold air after a warm bath.

I recently had an experience while on a bus where I almost didn't make it after a trip out - after standing up and having to walk home I was fighting the spasms inside of myself. I'm fortunate that I only have to wear protection at night and on bad spasm days which have been fewer - thank God. But my overactive bladder still makes it so that I only have 1-2 hours between any given void.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Well, I couldn't find that with me either. I know that in the summer with me the risk is greater that I drink too little - and that then also has an influence on the number of micturitions.

On the other hand, one is there mostly in thin things on the road and "frozen" supermarkets then sometimes have an effect that I perceive in winter so rather not.

@Honeeecombs I’d give anything to have 1-2 hours between voids. Mine are more like every 5-20 minutes. Once in a great while if I’ve drank less than 12 oz. in 36 hours, I can get an hour between voids.

snow said:
@Honeeecombs I’d give anything to have 1-2 hours between voids. Mine are more like every 5-20 minutes. Once in a great while if I’ve drank less than 12 oz. in 36 hours, I can get an hour between voids.

Mine vary. On good days; I can go 1-2 hours; on bad days it's like yourself. It's really a game of chance on how my bladder muscles are feeling based on stress levels, etc.

I find the transition from cold to hot or visa versa can initiate bladder spasms. Being cold and shivering can mess with the pelvic floor tightening up as well.

Hot tea in the winter is good...mostly.

Also, during hot weather you are shedding water through your skin to keep cool. I find that I am more active outside as work demands. So, I appreciate it can appear that I leak less but, it is mainly that I drink less for my level of activities.

Interesting question. For my bedwetting I have not noticed an increase during the cold season or change form warm to cold. However I live in the south so we don't really have that great of a temperature change from warm to cold. Also when it does get cold it is not a lasting cold. So not sure if there would be a noticeable change due to prolong change in temperature like up north would have.

JT

@Jayindiapers do you think you might need to self cath? Why not mention to your Dr. You might have urinary retention