Division Master Chief

Archives1

Staff member
Hey Guy's,

Does anybody like video games and pop culture?

Because of COVID19; I havent been able to explore the hobbies because of resource reasons i normally tap into (Laserdisc collecting).

But i love to collect Laserdiscs and play them on my CRT in my living room. Im planning on having my living room set up like circa era early 2000s; so that it has that nostalgia feeling. Something about the idea of staying home from the cold, enjoying a nice warm meal - away from the internet while the TriStar (HORSE WITH WINGS) or Columbia Pictures (Torch Woman) is projected on my old 1080i CRT RCA TV. Most of my modern stuff is in my bedroom.

I think once a couple months goes by; ill need Help■ setting it all up. But i got friends for that.

On the video game front; i play Xbox One X. I dont have Xbox Live at this time as im trying to limit resources from a very bad spring. But games i normally play are the Lego Series (Jurrasic World, Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc) - and open world games and simulition (Sims 4, Planet Coaster)

Any younger folk on here into video games?
What are some of your guy's hobbies that take away the stress and pain of bladder issues?
60e3a26643d351f5ac32abbd65c1f6f9.jpg
9533065c172b6ecc8bc4d444339e3fdb.jpg

Honeeecombs, I was last a teenager back in 1969:):) I have never gotten into video games of which you speak. The limit of my computer use for entertainment is playing various types of solitaire, doing crossword puzzles, and other types of online word puzzles. I spend most of my retirement doing woodworking in my shop. I am very fortunate to live in the country so when I have an urgent need to pee, I simply have to step out the door without worrying about disturbing any neighbors;-)

I love the idea of the decor you're establishing and I wish you the best in finding a "gamer" with whom you can make a connection.

fleemoore said:
Honeeecombs, I was last a teenager back in 1969:):) I have never gotten into video games of which you speak. The limit of my computer use for entertainment is playing various types of solitaire, doing crossword puzzles, and other types of online word puzzles. I spend most of my retirement doing woodworking in my shop. I am very fortunate to live in the country so when I have an urgent need to pee, I simply have to step out the door without worrying about disturbing any neighbors;-)

I love the idea of the decor you're establishing and I wish you the best in finding a "gamer" with whom you can make a connection.

Thanks man! Your as old as you feel! Dang; it must have been cool to be a young man in the 80s. That decade was such a vibe. I've always been a fan of 80s new wave. The Pointer Sisters, Duran Duran, and Yes.

That's nice you live in the country; it's so beautiful up north where I'm from. Haven't been back up since Hunting Camp in my college years. Stuck in the suburbs here! Lol.

Honeecombs, in the 80s I had a side hustle as a DJ with a friend of mine. We did weddings, class reunions, and such. There is no way to beat the music of that era. Our favorite gig was a huge New Years' Eve celebration we did at a local club. We dressed up like Billy and Dusty (may he rest in peace) of ZZ Top and lip-synched Sharped Dressed Man. We also dressed up as Jake and Elwood, aka The Blues Brothers, and lip-synched "Gimme Some Lovin." I was famous for playing my air sax and my partner was incredible on his air guitar. You're right, brother, "You're as young as you feel." Where was your huntin' camp?

fleemoore said:
Honeecombs, in the 80s I had a side hustle as a DJ with a friend of mine. We did weddings, class reunions, and such. There is no way to beat the music of that era. Our favorite gig was a huge New Years' Eve celebration we did at a local club. We dressed up like Billy and Dusty (may he rest in peace) of ZZ Top and lip-synched Sharped Dressed Man. We also dressed up as Jake and Elwood, aka The Blues Brothers, and lip-synched "Gimme Some Lovin." I was famous for playing my air sax and my partner was incredible on his air guitar. You're right, brother, "You're as young as you feel." Where was your huntin' camp?

Too awesome brother! Hunting Camp was/is up in the Adirondacks! It's changed various locations over the years to different lakes. There so many of them up north; but its so beautiful. If your ever in the Northeast, I definetly recommend coming up to the Adirondacks. So many beautiful and scenic spots to see. Once you're in the woods alone, and there is no civilization for miles and the only thing to bring you back to camp is to follow your footsteps in the snow or markings on the trees - it's surreal.

I grew up in the suburbs for the most part - but i appreciate the great outdoors!

I grew up in Maine so I know the beauty of which you speak. I got to cherish it in the woods and along the rock-bound coast. Back in 1980, I spent a week getting teacher training at Sagamore Lake. Beautiful! May 2022 be great for you.

I hate video games. I consider them an ill to society on par, or worse than, narcotics like heroin. But the funny thing is, I now work as a producer innStory & Franchise Development on some of the world’s largest video games, like Call of Duty, Diablo, Hearthstone, Immortal, World of Warcraft, etc! This is a new development for me and sometimes I really feel really bad - unethical - that I’m getting paid for producing something I despise. I will likely return to motion picture production within a year.

I learned I hated video games when I was 12. My four year old brother got the first Nintendo that Christmas. I had 10 days off of school. Guess what I spent that entire 10 days doing, instead of skiing, sledding, reading, spending time with friends, and all my favorite things like playing board games with my parents? Yep, that’s right, I wasted the entire time frozen in space, in a cold, dark basement, sitting there trying to win Super Mario brothers. I swore back then that I would never do it again and I have not.

I’ve seen video games ruin so many of my friend’s relationships because their boyfriends/husbands just can’t quit. An entire generation is dumbed-down and barely leaves the house because of video games. Every single mass shooter has talked about how they heavily played gun video games (and what games don’t have weapons? Hardly any.) So nope, I don’t play them.

HOWEVER!!! Laserdiscs, now you’re talking! I love those!!!!!!!

It is hilarious to me that you think the 2000s were a nostalgic time. Try the 1970s!

Big videogame fan here! Also got into Sim Racing in a big way as a substitute for running which I can't do anymore but having to take a break from the sim stuff due to health.

To my surprise (given its infamous launch), I've been having an absolute blast with Cyberpunk 2077. The game still has its issues but love the story and the world and Keanu Reeves is great in it.

Big sci-fi fan as my username suggests. I've been collecting the Doctor Who blu-ray sets and revisiting the various Gerry Anderson series as they've also been getting the blu-ray treatment. It was my parents showing me Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet and Fireball XL5 as a kid that started my love of all-things sci-fi.

Going to the Destination Star Trek convention last year was a blast and the best time I've had since my Long Covid started. It was so easy to get around the venue and the stewards were so helpful it felt like a holiday from disability itself as well.

Sci_Fi_Fan said:
Big videogame fan here! Also got into Sim Racing in a big way as a substitute for running which I can't do anymore but having to take a break due to health.

To my surprise (given its infamous launch), I've been having an absolute blast with Cyberpunk 2077. The game still has its issues but love the story and the world and Keanu Reeves is great in it.

Big sci-fi fan as my username suggests. I've been collecting the Doctor Who blu-ray sets and revisiting the various Gerry Anderson series as they've also been getting the blu-ray treatment. It was my parents showing me Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet and Fireball XL5 as a kid that started my love of all-things sci-fi.

Going to the Destination Star Trek convention last year was a blast and the best time I've had since my Long Covid started. It was so easy to get around the venue and the stewards were so helpful it felt like a holiday from disability itself as well.

Yes!!! Totally dude. How do you like Cyberpunk 2077? I've heard good things, mixed things, but mostly due to performance on older consoles. I gotta be honest, I got through Mafia Definitive Edition on One X and the graphics blew me away. I'm playing Watch_Dogs right now and probably since it's on clearance once I'm done with that I'm going to pick up the sequel.

You said you're a Sci-Fi fan; you looking forward to Hogwarts Legacy? My significant other is huge into Star Trek (I'm more Star Wars and Harry Potter) but I'm hoping it'll be a good game. 👍

Sincerely,
HC

@Honeeecombs Yeah, loving Cyberpunk - story and character wise I found it really rich - even some of the 'gig' side quests which are just small missions have great stories behind them. It isn't a rich sandbox of an open world though and I think that's what's disappointed a lot of people but doesn't bother me. The driving controls are awful though and that's my main criticism of it but I've but in around 65 hours and it's extremely rare for a game to captivate me that much! I've been playing on my gaming laptop, unfortunately by Xbox One S just isn't good enough anymore for current gen stuff. PlayedHalo Infinite on it and switched to the PC version because it looked so rough.

Looking forward to Hogwarts Legacy! Been getting back into Harry Potter and can't wait!

All time favourite game series is Metal Gear. Replayed them all again in the first lockdown.

Microsoft bought my company today - Activision Blizzard King - and they will cease allowing the ABK games to be played on any consoles except XBox. They are also going to block users of games on Apple devices - greedy pigs! The acquisition will be finished in 1.5 years. So if you want to have fun without an XBox, do it will you can.

@snow Yay, a fellow Star Trek fan!

Interesting news abut Microsoft. I used to be a Playstation guy, owing to my love of Metal Gear but switched to Xbox when it became multi-platform (and indeed it seems the series is over now). I mainly use my laptop now and have Xbox Game Pass so it's good news for me in a sense! I do like the idea of a Netflix style service for gaming and I think it's great value.

I do have games on my iPad and iPhone but I think I'll probably stop subscribing to Apple Arcade as I'm not out of the house enough. I came very close to getting a Nintendo Switch as I thought I'd be out a lot more but that never happened due to my travel issues. I do find gaming quite fatigue inducing though compared to watching TV.

@Sci_Fi_Fan Well, get ready for the Activision Blizzard (ABK) games to get included with your game pass! How much does it cost? ABK owns battle.net. The perverted CEO who has committed many crimes was responsible for a lot of innovation, I have to say.

@snow Game Pass costs £10.99 a month and I think it's great value as new games tend to cost around five times that, even though not all games are on there.

@Sci_Fi_Fan That does sound quite reasonably priced, less than Netflix an Activision Blizzard King’s way of paying in battle.net! Good to know; thank you!